No announcement yet.

Millermatic 175 no arc. No wire feed. Relay is switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 bucks is a cheap fix if if works; if not you're not out much. Sounds like Miller is giving you a board schematic diagram?

Comment

I'm uncertain if I will get them or not. I asked for them though. No reply email yet.

Comment

Well, my reply from miller.
        They willnot send me the board schematics because they still make the boards.
        But... They said they are very confident that replacing the three relays will solve my issue.
        I will for sure post a reply when i get this done. It won't be soon. But i will reply.

Comment

huh, no one mentioned that the trigger wires are likely shorting to the torch conduit... Paper clip the trigger terminals and see if the problem goes away...

Comment

Thanks for that tip cruizer! I will give that a shot this weekend and report back.

Comment

Ok, i was able to test today. Left gun mounted at the feed wheel. Unhooked the connector at face of welder for the trigger. Turned welder on, let the wire touch the ground clamp and took jumper wire to jump out the terminals on the plug on the face of the welder. Same results. One relay clicks and red led lights up. No arc no feed.

Comment

Does the wire feed at all without having the wire touch the ground clamp? personally id remove the gun altogether...

Comment

Wire does not feed at all, weither its touching ground or not. Cr1 relay clicks and red led will come on with trigger squeeze.
                  I will remove the complete gun, then test with jumper to see if it runs the spool motor at least.

Comment

Ok. I removed the gun completely. Used a jumper wire on the front panel conector. Same thing. I hear the relay and see the red led light. No motor signal for spool.

Comment

stuck relay I guess

Comment

Did Replacing the relay work? I have the same problem with my challenger 172.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunner View Post
                          Did Replacing the relay work? I have the same problem with my challenger 172.
                          So what exactly is your welder doing? Trigger wires do come loose i have fixed dozens of them over the years...Bob
                          Bob Wright

Comment

Bunner your welder model has a fuse inside, might check it also...Bob https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...uals/O1318.pdf
                            Bob Wright

Comment

When I push the button on the whip you can hear the relay clicking inside the unit however there is no wire feed, no gas and can't strike an arc.

Comment

The fuse on the board looks good

Comment

Working...
                                X