Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer Marty
    replied
    Thank you to the responses. I have never used the a mig with "pulse". Are the settings and/or welding with pulse in general difficult to learn? I have experience with traditional Mig welders but not with the "pulse" function.

Leave a comment:

• gnforge
    replied
    Have used both, ran the mm252 up against duty cycle many times and for the work I did the oem gun & cable wasn't quite big enough, a lot of sputtering when gun got hot. But with that said I was making my living with it. <br />
    Up graded to mm350-P, 4 or 5 years ago, never regretted it once worth ever penny!!!! It is awesome machine!!!! Never hit duty cycle on it and hv welded a lot of 1-1/2" plate. Have had gun so hot couldn't hold it any longer, stick gun in bucket of water and keep going. <br />
    And I love the pulse for very light metal. I use .045 for 11gauge don't even bother swapping to lighter wire. I also use pulse anytime I want less heat but never need to worry about penetration. It's my pick hands down. <br />
    Greg

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    On the oher hand..........

I have had my MM350P for several years.... and LOVE it...!!!!......

https://www.millerwelds.com/~/media/.../8/dc12-51.pdf

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...-welder-m00151

Last edited by H80N; 07-13-2016, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Oh and you can run .045 flux core with gas on the thicker parts if you want to...Bob

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Get the MM252. I used one everyday for 5 years welding 1/4-1" plate with zero issues. Made about 400 grand with that machine. There is a rebate on the MM252 right now...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Farmer Marty
    started a topic Farm Needs 252 or 350p

Farm Needs 252 or 350p

Our old Comet buzz box finally died at the farm and I have been looking into a MM 252 or a 350p. The work we do is mainly maintainance and repair. Fixing feeders, gates, and other small jobs, all the way to welding back to get a part of the combine or loader that can be up to an inch or 1 1/4 thick steel. In the shop we have single phase power, 50 amp plug, portability not a big issue at all. In 20 years i have never heeded to weld aluminum so i am guessing i wont in the next 20. I don't have any expeirence with Tig so i am not worried about which one is good for TIG and ALUM etc. I guess what i am wondering is with my single phase and 50 amp plug is there going to be much of a difference between the 250 and 350p for what i am doing or is the 350p going to do a better job on the thicker steel. Thank you.
Working...
X