No announcement yet.

Farm Needs 252 or 350p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one thing to add about pulse. The gas mix is different. 90/10 to 98/2. Pulse uses spray arc mix. short arc mix is 75/25.
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Comment

Farmer Marty,
      Not sure if it has already been mentioned or not but the 350P when used in Pulse Mode is designed to be used with 100% Argon because the Argon provides a better / stable arc. I have had a 350P for about 12 years now and I really like the smooth arc and nice beads it produces in pulse mode. You may know this but at lower amperage settings on a MIG unit without Pulse mode you are using "globular" transfer which is not as smooth or clean, more spatter. At higher amperage settings on thicker materials your MIG unit will be achieving "SPRAY" transfer which is a very stable arc and smooth weld deposit, unfortunately this can't be achieved at lower amperage settings required for thinner metals like Gates etc in your case, that is until Miller came out with PULSE mode. Basically in Pulse mode you machine is achieving "SPRAY" transfer but intermittently, thus the term PULSE. So you get the smooth arc, and weld bead of SPRAY transfer but buy pulsing / interrupting the arc your able to use it on thin metals. I really like the PULSE mode, it is easy to switch from PULSE to regular MIg, just remember its designed for 100% Argon and you can run .035 or .045 wire. Hope this was useful information for you.

Comment

AL5052 <br />
        Alum is 100% Argon<br />
        Steel is 90/10 for pulse. <br />
        If you look in your chart on 350-P all pulse steel settings are based on 90/10 and also metal core pulse is 90/10 <br />
        Under mig, settings are based on 75/25 for steel wire and 90/10 for metal core wire.

Comment

Originally posted by gnforge View Post
          AL5052 <br />
          Alum is 100% Argon<br />
          Steel is 90/10 for pulse. <br />
          If you look in your chart on 350-P all pulse steel settings are based on 90/10 and also metal core pulse is 90/10 <br />
          Under mig, settings are based on 75/25 for steel wire and 90/10 for metal core wire.
          FWIW 90/10 (C-10) can be used for pulsed spray transfer and short-circuiting transfer

http://www.praxair.com/gases/gas-mix...g-gas-mixtures

http://www.praxair.com/-/media/praxa...8352.pdf?la=en

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

H80N<br />
            Yeper I agree. That's all I use anymore 90/10 for all my steel welding in shop. <br />
            And 75/25 with dual shield on road work. <br />
            Works great and saves on inventory.

Comment

That's in interesting side bar. I don't do much spray arc, but when I do, all I have for gas is 75/25. If I can swap and just use 90/10 for majority of my stuff, but still have the spray arc capability, that helps. <br />
              <br />
              Maybe I'll just get a bottle of 90/10 next time I swap out my gas and see how she chooches.

Comment

Working...
              X