No announcement yet.

Miller Two Fifty Manual needed, not found in manual download section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify, the reason I asked about the diodes is they seem the be the only parts that parts that would fail on this type of welder. That type of large welder is very rare in my area, and I did not want to drive 14 hours round-trip, pay $500, for a 45 year old welder and throw it in the scrap pile if a diode failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefen7 View Post
      To clarify, the reason I asked about the diodes is they seem the be the only parts that parts that would fail on this type of welder. That type of large welder is very rare in my area, and I did not want to drive 14 hours round-trip, pay $500, for a 45 year old welder and throw it in the scrap pile if a diode failed.
      $500...??? that seems pretty high..... $300 would be tops in my estimation for one in FINE condition
      (your pics indicate that this one has lead a tough life)

It is a 45 year old stick welder after all

Where are you located...........??... Upstate NY..?? Maybe...??
      Last edited by H80N; 07-12-2016, 06:29 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Atlantic Canada, as far East as you can go without getting in a boat. Very few units of this size around. I dream about the Airco Heliwelder in Maine, on ebay for $200, but too far to drive, towing a 950# welder. Even a 30 year old AC-DC 'Buzz-Box' is going for $450. A rusty 40 year old AC-only is going for $250, and 35 year old Dialarc that had a rough life is going for $1250. I envy those who pick these units up at auction for $100. To clarify, the unit in the photos I posted is similar, not the exact unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefen7 View Post
          Atlantic Canada, as far East as you can go without getting in a boat. Very few units of this size around. I dream about the Airco Heliwelder in Maine, on ebay for $200, but too far to drive, towing a 950# welder. Even a 30 year old AC-DC 'Buzz-Box' is going for $450. A rusty 40 year old AC-only is going for $250, and 35 year old Dialarc that had a rough life is going for $1250. I envy those who pick these units up at auction for $100. To clarify, the unit in the photos I posted is similar, not the exact unit.
          Well that sure does change the picture.....

Did not want you to overpay

a lot of good people here happy to help and counsel
          Last edited by H80N; 07-12-2016, 07:07 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

You dream about Helga's sister?<br />
            <br />
            That's awesome. I'll tell her in the morning. She will be pleased.

Comment

Working...
            X