Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E350
    replied
    Aeronca41 I was wondering about that. Thank you for describing their appearance. I wonder if schematics or even shop service manuals are available for the machine...

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by gnforge View Post
    If it were mine id pull covers, check & tighten nuts on input wires. Then I'd unplug all connectors blow out & plug back in, one at a time. Inspect each connector for signs of heat etc. inspect boards for signs & put back together. <br />

One other thought. I'd pull apart & inspect both male & female plugs where plug into wall. <br />
    I had one leg come loose on my male plug sometime back but just can't remember how it acted or if coded. But once fixed ran like new.
    Nicely stated. I'd do the same thing but didn't think I could describe it well enough to be a help. Just might add that is possible there could be charged capacitors in there even with the plug out. If you see any large aluminum cans, generally covered with plastic, don't touch the terminals or anything they're connected to. There are bleeder resistors in the design to discharge them, but if one of those should fail and you touch the cap, it can be exciting-in a bad way. :-)

Leave a comment:

• E350
    replied
    gnforge Thanks, that is troubleshooting. Learning to see is the hardest part of any endeavor and my guess is that if I unplug the machine, take my time, I might find the problem. I will start from the outside first with everything which comes in contact with me the user, the gun, the liner, the connection for the trigger and the a gun line. Tonight, I was able to use the machine for quite a while before it turned itself off and started the cycle. It was interesting because as long as I kept an arc going, it seemed to prevent it from cycling as described above. Once I put the gun down to do some grinding or fabrication it would cycle. I replaced the trigger in the gun a while ago after it first started doing this. So I will take the gun apart and inspect and likely replace the liner, etc.

H80N I am not that confident or competent, so I will go slow and if I see anything unusual, I will snap a picture and post it here.

Thank you guys.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by gnforge View Post
    If it were mine id pull covers, check & tighten nuts on input wires. Then I'd unplug all connectors blow out & plug back in, one at a time. Inspect each connector for signs of heat etc. inspect boards for signs & put back together. <br />
    One other thought. I'd pull apart & inspect both male & female plugs where plug into wall. <br />
    I had one leg come loose on my male plug sometime back but just can't remember how it acted or if coded. But once fixed ran like new.
    +1 ... Good Thoughts..... Provided the OP is confident & competent enough to do it

Leave a comment:

• gnforge
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    The two LH4xxxxxx numbers both lead to the same manual, and the LH0100001 got no hits, so this is probably enough info. I don't know enough to be much help with this question, but the guys here who do know need the serial no to look it up, so I asked to at least get that step toward an answer. Wish I could be more help. Hope one of the wizards sees this and has some ideas.

Leave a comment:

• E350
    replied
    Aeronca41, thanks for your response. See edited initial post above.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Please post your serial no.

Leave a comment:

• E350
    started a topic MM 350p trouble shooting help

MM 350p trouble shooting help

I blew the dust out but am still having problems with my Millermatic 350p. This is what it is doing:

Starts up properly: shows MM and 350p;
    Then goes to last used setting: 19.0v / 180wfs;
    Then I weld for a minute or two and performs very good;
    Then set the gun aside;
    Then after 2-3 minutes, the machine goes dark;
    Then restarts on its own: shows MM and 350p
    Then goes to 21v / 400wfs;
    Then machine goes dark again and then restarts itself
    Then goes to 21v / 400wfs and will repeat this cycle until I turn it off. Millermatic 350P

I also had one Help 3 trouble shooting code.

Year Mfg: 2007/Jan. LH010001 Style: LH01
    Model: Millermatic 350P
    Stock No.: 907379
    Serial No.: LH480282B
    Stock No. 907379
    Serial No.: LH490232B
    Bernard® Q300 mig gun

Aeronca41, thank you for your response. I can't remember why my notes and specifications file has two different serial numbers for the machine. I will inspect the machine again for their location and update this post.

Anyone experienced this before and fixed it?
    Last edited by E350; 07-11-2016, 07:01 AM.
Working...
X