Anyone ever work on a Mogularc 400R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever work on a Mogularc 400R

Trying to repair a Miller Mogularc 400R Sel. KJ099092. Voltage is not holding steady. I need a purchase a service manual. This machine was manufactured by Miller for Praxair. Neither one has been helpful on information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I been browsing this site for a few years and have found tons of useful info. Duane55 and Cruiser have a head full of info. So I am hoping that one of them will chime in on this. Banging my head against the wall.

Comment

I can't really help you but I can make a noise until someone who can shows up maybe. This is a Spray arc system? I don't think Miller will sell service manuals. When you say the voltage is not holding steady do you mean it is dropping off after you begin an application?
      ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Miller won't even really talk about since it's actually a praxair machine. And to be honest praxair doesn't have a clue. The voltage jumps around not a steady decrease. Yes it is a spray arc. I believe it based off a miller deltaweld 450. I have a manual coming for the miller found it on ebay for $60 but the hall/lem device is different. I think mogularc uses a true hall and the deltaweld uses a lem. The hall has a miller part number but no longer available and I'm not sure that's the problem anyway. Thanks for the bump!!!

Comment

I see Milller did brand some under the Miller banner apparently
          http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Miller-Therma...r/152045690530

A little history here

http://temp.thermal-spray-depot.com/...ray-equipment/

By what info is at the above site it looks like it was orphaned by Miller but maybe Thermal Spray has some info. The downside is it looks like it is almost 20 years old and these days many think that means Noah threw it off the ark for an anchor.

You might have to copy and paste those links into your browser to get them to work.
          ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Thanks I'll give thermach a call next week. Happy 4th to you and everyone else........

Comment

Talked with Dave at thermach. Very friendly and helpful. Still waiting on my manual from ebay.

Comment

Got my manual finally. Will post more later.

Comment

Still fighting this thing the miller manual does not include some stuff added by miller thermal. So any help would be great.

Comment

You need miller tech manual T232B . to match your serial number, Try miller literature .
                    Or ask nicely some one here might be able to slip you one.
                    Glenn 300 amp stick
                    Millermatic 35
                    L-tec plasma

Comment

Ccawgc I have that manual but miller thermal added a board and change some stuff. I will try to post pics of the schematics for both.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	570662 The miller thermal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3191.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	570664 deltaweld

Comment

Hello out there.

Comment

I guess nobody is familiar with your machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X