Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New mig welder won't feed stainless steel wire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    ​I know zip about anything that grows. I will be using gal-zinc-coated EMT and 75/25 LOL...
    used a 4x8 ft piece of 2x4 inch welded wire fencing... probably take a couple of weeks for the cukes to climb it....
    Last edited by H80N; 07-04-2016, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Does it help to get the cucumbers off the ground? I don't the dern things, but my wife likes em, so I grow a few. Not many plants like this hot and humid weather, but the cucumbers seem to. <br />
    <br />
    But maybe I could weld something up with some stainless wire and my tri-mix gas to get them up off the ground....see, sorta on topic.
    ​I know zip about anything that grows. I will be using gal-zinc-coated EMT and 75/25 LOL...

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Does it help to get the cucumbers off the ground? I don't the dern things, but my wife likes em, so I grow a few. Not many plants like this hot and humid weather, but the cucumbers seem to. <br />
    <br />
    But maybe I could weld something up with some stainless wire and my tri-mix gas to get them up off the ground....see, sorta on topic.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
    Marigolds vs. root knot nematodes: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ng045
    Thanks POP......

My root knot nematodes needed that....
    Last edited by H80N; 07-04-2016, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• USMCPOP
    replied
    Marigolds vs. root knot nematodes: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ng045

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

BTW... gotta do the same for our cukes

I was thinking 3/4" EMT bent with a hickey and then that frame covered with the orange plastic snow fence or construction barrier in some parts of the country. And legs welded or bolted on. Anyways that's tomorrows project...Bob

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Wow I go away for a few hours and the whole mood swings LOL. I read some of the links Heti posted and one brought back memories. When I was working in the refinery we would use Amine in the product stream to carry away the H2S and then remove the Amine back out to be reused. But anyway I need to build some metal frames for my wifes Cucumbers to get them off the ground. Don't know why but she wants them up...Bob
    Bob..............
    we couldn't help ourselves...........................

BTW... gotta do the same for our cukes

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Wow I go away for a few hours and the whole mood swings LOL. I read some of the links Heti posted and one brought back memories. When I was working in the refinery we would use Amine in the product stream to carry away the H2S and then remove the Amine back out to be reused. But anyway I need to build some metal frames for my wifes Cucumbers to get them off the ground. Don't know why but she wants them up...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

Well Then..... we have done a truly fine job of HIJAKING this thread....

Indeed!! Sorry , Bob. Thanks for the original post-very enlightening.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Oh man, I did that one. Had a whole slew of tomato plants doing awesome, it was a stink bug carnival in there. So I planted the marigolds between the tomato plants, went from a stink bug carnival to a colorful stink bug carnival. <br />
    <br />
    **** it.
    Well Then..... we have done a truly fine job of HIJAKING this thread....

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Oh man, I did that one. Had a whole slew of tomato plants doing awesome, it was a stink bug carnival in there. So I planted the marigolds between the tomato plants, went from a stink bug carnival to a colorful stink bug carnival. <br />
    <br />
    **** it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    In My Unsupported Humble Opinion:

Will gasses self stratify if left in an undisturbed bottle... at a constant temperature for an extended period of time..?? Probably......

Does it really matter for our purposes...?? Probably Not...

Will rolling your bottle help...?? Couldn't Hurt... so why not..??

Just my 2cents worth....

( I also plant Marigolds next to my Tomatoes hoping to ward off pests too.... might not help... but can't hurt.. )
    Last edited by H80N; 07-03-2016, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    There are a lot of those old weldors things we do that just work, like drinking milk before welding galvanized to prevent metal fume fever. I don't know the science behind it, but it works, or seems to at least. I'm still going to use a fan and wear a respirator though. <br />
    <br />
    As far as the separating of gases goes...I'll probably still roll my cylinder. There are plenty of times when gases separate, I see it all the time as a fireman, of course products of combustion are not the same as mixing argon, CO2 and helium, but on certain gas leaks it's important to know its vapor density, whether it rises or falls, etc. So as to what extend something is considered "mixed", I have no idea. Hard to argue with science though.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Thanks H80N and Bodybagger. Interesting how much you don't remember or didn't fully grasp about disliked subjects (chemistry) when something that sounds logical but isn't true comes along. One of those things that just sat in the background without research. I love this forum! You can even show your ignorance and get answers!

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    MIXED GAS Separation Methods

http://www.co2captureproject.org/pdf...separation.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_separation

Remember.... the air we breathe is a "Mixed Gas".....

And the component gases do not settle out on their own.. or do they under some conditions..??

However there are some pretty spirited arguments on BOTH sides of this gas stratification question...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-03-2016, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X