Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tackit
    replied
    I hit my machines with the leaf blower I use to clean out the shop, I also keep them covered when they're not being used. In the spring I wash and polish them. The shop isn't that big, grinding dust gets on everything that's not covered. I clean my ground clamp and check for lose cable ends too.

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    Ok, I know everyone was thinking it, but I'll say it. Welders and Weldors work better after being blown...

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Maybe miller should put a picture of a guy blowing the dust out of his welder. <br />
    <br />
    I just a Lincoln AC-225C from my dad, says it groans and gets hot quickly. I took the cover off yesterday and what did I find? Not just dust and dirt, but mud dobber nests and what appeared to be a vocational school for rodents to learn to build debris huts inside of welding machines. <br />
    <br />
    Stuff was obstructing the vent louvers in the case for sure and who knows what else. Gave it a good washing and seems to be working fine.
    Actually, I think I saw in one of my owner's manual (maybe for the Syncro 350) a stick man blowing out the unit.. I'll try to remember to check on this.

Griff

PS
    Well, it looks like the stick man got electrocuted and the other diagrams just show the air blow gun and the vacuum cleaner.

Last edited by griff01; 06-15-2016, 08:50 PM. Reason: add on

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Maybe miller should put a picture of a guy blowing the dust out of his welder. <br />
    <br />
    I just a Lincoln AC-225C from my dad, says it groans and gets hot quickly. I took the cover off yesterday and what did I find? Not just dust and dirt, but mud dobber nests and what appeared to be a vocational school for rodents to learn to build debris huts inside of welding machines. <br />
    <br />
    Stuff was obstructing the vent louvers in the case for sure and who knows what else. Gave it a good washing and seems to be working fine.
    But did Mickey & Minnie learn to weld while in there....???....
    Last edited by H80N; 06-15-2016, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    <br />
    <br />

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post

ABSOTUTELY... !!!

many of us have been telling folks to do that as part of their PM for years......
    And, as I bet you know, the Miller owners manuals say to do this. But, from what I can tell, most apparently don't read their manuals.

Griff

Leave a comment:

• gnforge
    replied
    Yeper 👍

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Now that I work for my LWS in sales I see lots of people and machines. Twice some Miller owners have had issues with their machines. So I blow them out and get lbs of dirt and paint from them that got sucked thru and they work so much better...Bob
    ABSOTUTELY... !!!

many of us have been telling folks to do that as part of their PM for years......

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    There are a lot of things that need a dusting and cleaning to run right .

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    started a topic Blow your welders out..

Blow your welders out..

Now that I work for my LWS in sales I see lots of people and machines. Twice some Miller owners have had issues with their machines. So I blow them out and get lbs of dirt and paint from them that got sucked thru and they work so much better...Bob
Working...
X