No announcement yet.

Welding Axle Tubes to Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh by the way, NICE FREE ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOUR COMPANY If you can't help, you should just keep your mouth shut. The purpose of these forum is to help people not be stuck up
    J & J Speed Shop
    (716) 830-0506
    www.JandJSpeedShop.com
    [email protected]

Comment

JNJ:
      I believe I would tig it even though the mig would be faster, Your mig is going to be undersized for the operation. The purpose of the forum, is for mutual education. None of us know all there is to know, I read alot and know quite a bit but I'll never know it all, nor would I want to. Building a rear with out a jig can be done but its much more difficult. We must do things for a first time before we learn so you do the best you can. Education is not a freebie.

Peace,

Comment

Setta dow nahh
        Miller 350P XR push/pull
        Miller 250 DX
        Spectrum 2050 Plasma

Comment

Originally posted by JnJSpdShop
          Oh by the way, NICE FREE ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOUR COMPANY If you can't help, you should just keep your mouth shut. The purpose of these forum is to help people not be stuck up
          In what part did I not try to help? By telling you how to do it right was misinformation? Sure there are plenty of guys racing who just welded them without a jig, but is it correct, no. You came to this site for the correct way in how to do it and that is what I explained to you but you insist on attacking ME, thanks.
          I am done talking about this, you now have the knowledge on how to do it the right way,
          I also added you to my ignore list so I can avoid any more conflicts with you in the future.
          pakmanmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by Revlimit
            Setta dow nahh

Simma dah nahh

and

Setta dow nahh

ROFL

SNL

Comment

I posted about this a year or two ago.

For now my axle tubes are just tack welded at 3 points around the tube, with a 175 mig, nothing special, i made my own jig to check the straigtness, welding did not change anything.

When I put on 9" axle ends I will do full welding of the tubes to the center section.

Its a ford 8.8
              Justin Starkey
              Syncrowave 250 TIGRunner
              Miller 210 MIG
              Spectrum 375 Plasma
              Ford and GM Dyno-tuning on the Moblie Dynojet trailer I built.
              VMP Tuning.com

Comment

Working...
              X