1980 Trailblazer 44D service manual available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Trailblazer 44D service manual available

Need to do some work on my welder. Anyone know where I can purchase a service manual? I have tried the local welding supply stores in my area and struck out. Thanks

Don't think Miller sells them...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Thanks. I'm happy I didn't spend alot on the welder. Hard to find information on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Miklos View Post
        Thanks. I'm happy I didn't spend alot on the welder. Hard to find information on it.
        The owners manual has schematics & parts list

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

just enter your serial number....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I have the owners manual and parts list. I was looking for information on troubleshooting. I have voltage at the electrode terminal and the work terminal. 18 volts AC to ground. Will arc once and then nothing. Cleaned connections, terminals, checked wiring.

Comment

I am not one of the experts here but have looked at a representative schematic and will attempt to help. Please post your serial no. so we can look at the right diagram. Do you have power at the 120 vac outlet? Do you have training and experience to work in live circuitry?
            Last edited by Aeronca41; 06-12-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Serial number is JA372518. 120 volt outlet works
              Generator works great. Had it hooked to my camp trailer for an hour with a 1300 watt load hooked to it.
              I have 20 years as an HVAC Technician. No problem around electricity. The wiring diagram I have for the welder isn't real clear but based on the readings I have taken so far, the welder should be working.
              Thanks for the offer to help

Comment

Cruizer and Duane are Real welder techs-I'm just a retired Systems Engineer with a lot of years of fixing stuff along the way so will try to help. If Cruizer or Duane or one of the other gurus joins the thread, by all means ignore me! Assume you are trying to stick weld (SMAW). Basics first-have you tried various positions of coarse and fine current controls and the polarity switch? A bad contact on a switch could be the problem-or maybe you've already checked that stuff. Remote/standard switch in Standard position? Have you tried welding on AC? That removes a significant number of parts from the circuit. Is the Process switch set to SMAW? What all have you tried?

Comment

Yes,. All of the above. The switch is in standard position but I need to verify connection is good when flipping it back and forth. AC mode is the only way I get any arc out of it at all. I finally was able to run a bead with it. Shut it down to run and get more rod. When I started it back up, just arced once and that was it.

Comment

To simplify troubleshooting, I would stick with AC on the polarity switch, and would take a look at contactors CR3 and W and their wiring and controls next. Looks like CR3 turns on W so either being a bit flaky could be the problem. See if they're mechanically pulling in solidly when they should and check the contacts for crud. Could be there is debris in the contactors that is preventing them from "making" consistently or correctly. I would also be sure the brushes are not intermittently sticking in their holders. Seems to me if it's making AC power OK the brushes should be OK but I don't know if poor brush contact might affect welding but not power. Seems unlikely but I certainly don't have enough hands-on welder fixing experience to say for certain. The left brush on the schematic is suspect if the contactors aren't pulling in. Also, check the 120/240 volt jumper connections and associated wiring to make sure they're tight and clean. You may have already tried all this stuff but it's where I would look next.

Comment

I will check all that. Thanks

Comment

I have what I believe to be the same welder. Has anybody done any tig with it? I have the torch and gas set up, but I believe I just don't have all the switches in the right position.

Comment

The settings are in the owners manual. The switches are under the panel where the terminals are

Comment

@Miklos,
                            Well the problem is all the decals for the switches are worn/faded off. I really need a pic of the front panel and the tig panel if anybody has that. Or if yours is still readable pictures would be much appreciated!

Comment

You can get a manual with pictures at this link

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Comment

Working...
                              X