Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multimatic 200 Multiprocess Welder......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimatic 200 Multiprocess Welder......

Does anyone have one of these machines?? Looks like a potential replacement for the Syncrowave 180SD. Looking for a machine in the $1500 or less range. May go with a used tig welder. The Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC welder looks interesting. Thoughts??
    Last edited by Mike22590; 06-10-2016, 04:55 PM.

The new Multi 215 will be out in mid July. Better machine and cheaper..Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mike22590 View Post
      Does anyone have one of these machines?? Looks like a potential replacement for the Syncrowave 180SD.
      The Multimatic 200 TIG capability is DC ONLY....

So no Aluminum TIG....

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...53392J_MIL.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The new Syncrowave has an optional spoolgun...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          The new Syncrowave has an optional spoolgun...Bob
          Your right Bob

The new Sync 210 is a better match to the Sync 180SD

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...welders-m00488

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

I keep looking at it at work. I know its going to follow me home. I can get rid of 4 other machines...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

It's a great machine, but it's no replacement for a syncrowave.
              Ryan
              MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
              MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
              SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
              (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
              Weld-Mask goggles/hood
              OPTREL e684 helmet
              SMITH torches
              HARRIS torches

Comment

The new Multimatic 215 id DC TIG only also...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

The Multimatic 200 TIG capability is DC ONLY....

So no Aluminum TIG....

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...53392J_MIL.pdf

That won't work. Thanks for the info!!

Comment

One thing to keep in mind. Space. I'm looking at the same stuff, for an eventual replacement for my Miller Econotig (AC stick, DC stick, AC TIG, DC TIG) maybe next year. The only thing about the Syncrowave 250 is size. My shop is crowded. Open the manual or specifications link, and look at the dimensions and weight. This is NOT something you'll throw in the back of a pickup, or hide under a bench. Big Red has a machine that has AC TIG, DC TIG, AC stick, and DC stick. 30 H x 19 W x 30 L. 300 lbs. $2,265 MSRP, Square Wave TIG 225. That's about 2/3 the size, 2/3 the weight, and 2/3 the price of the Syncrowave 250. The Syncrowave 210 is AC TIG, DC TIG and DC stick.

I hope Miller takes a note from Lincoln and the Chinkenese welders; lots of features and light weight, at a reasonable price. The Chinese SEEM to be slowly incrementing their quality. The Japanese did this in the late '60's and '70's. Now, Japanese machining equipment is top of the top, but expensive to match. Probably won't be long before a Chinese inverter based multiprocess welder, with oodles of features will sell for $3,000, and be of competitive quality with both Blue and Red. Miller can lock in the hobbyist and small shop audience by having the same sort of thing at the same ($3,000) price. The selling point will be "it's Miller!", just like Starrett and Mitutoyo dominate the top of the measuring tool market, though they aren't any more accurate than Brown and Sharpe or SPI.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

Originally posted by buffumjr View Post
                      I hope Miller takes a note from Lincoln and the Chinkenese welders; lots of features and light weight, at a reasonable price. The Chinese SEEM to be slowly incrementing their quality. The Japanese did this in the late '60's and '70's. Now, Japanese machining equipment is top of the top, but expensive to match. Probably won't be long before a Chinese inverter based multiprocess welder, with oodles of features will sell for $3,000, and be of competitive quality with both Blue and Red. Miller can lock in the hobbyist and small shop audience by having the same sort of thing at the same ($3,000) price. The selling point will be "it's Miller!", just like Starrett and Mitutoyo dominate the top of the measuring tool market, though they aren't any more accurate than Brown and Sharpe or SPI.
                      Wrong headed garbage....

easy to sell cheaper if you steal the technology... cut the quality .... and not offer meaningful support...

Go ahead and buy that offshore junk and see how much of it is working a few years down the road...

I see plenty of that broken chinese junk at flea markets and garage sales.... while I regularly observe 20-30 year old Millers still serving day in day out in industrial shops

THAT is a true indicator of quality.........

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by buffumjr View Post
                        One thing to keep in mind. Space. I'm looking at the same stuff, for an eventual replacement for my Miller Econotig (AC stick, DC stick, AC TIG, DC TIG) maybe next year. The only thing about the Syncrowave 250 is size. My shop is crowded. Open the manual or specifications link, and look at the dimensions and weight. This is NOT something you'll throw in the back of a pickup, or hide under a bench. Big Red has a machine that has AC TIG, DC TIG, AC stick, and DC stick. 30 H x 19 W x 30 L. 300 lbs. $2,265 MSRP, Square Wave TIG 225. That's about 2/3 the size, 2/3 the weight, and 2/3 the price of the Syncrowave 250. The Syncrowave 210 is AC TIG, DC TIG and DC stick.

A new board for my Syncrowave 180SD is going to cost as much as good used machine whether it be Blue or Red.

Comment

I'm really not sure where the logic of comparing Miller welders to starret, mitutoyo, brown & sharpe or any of the imported machines makes sense. I have starret, mitutoyo and brown & sharp products and I can't honestly tell the difference when centering something in the four jaw chuck or check an OD on something. In fact, just bought two new brown and sharpe doohickies today. I own Miller, Lincoln, esab and hobart machines because they have a long history of being an established company with service, parts and support. But either way, I think I understand the big deals, space and cost. Space savings comes in the form factor of a fancy schmancy inverter machine, which is totally contrary to me...I believe the transformer machines that are 30 years old right now will out last the inverter machines that you bought yesterday. But that's also irrelevant. Cost...clearly the Chinese machines win. But, when considering cost, consider cost of ownership. There's that old saying about buying poor quality tools and the pain and how much it hurts or something...I can never remember how it it goes...help me out here somebody! You might buy an imported machine and be really happy with it. You might buy an imported machine and be really mad at yourself. I bought one, on purpose, one time and the whole ordeal was an absolute joke. It really was. The machine was garbage, the service was garbage, the people from the company were jerks. Actually, I bought two machines from them. Fool me once, shame on me...that's another saying I can never remember. <br />
                          <br />
                          I'm with ya man, cost is a huge factor. I say, save your greenbacks until you can get something made by a reputable company and that will service and support your needs for years to come. Sorry for the long wind.

Comment

Working...
                          X