Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this engine driven welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this engine driven welder?

Just joined here and was hoping someone could identify this welder. It has a 4cyl continental tmd27 diesel. Front plate is completely warn and its been painted a few times and can't read a serial number on it. I would like to order a new faceplate for it but I have no idea what model it is. Big 40? I don't know these machines well enough to identify.
    Thank you

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris9790 View Post
      Anyone?
      A better pic of the front panel sure would help

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Serial number?...Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Can't read a s/n on it. Is there anywhere else on the welder besides the front panel where a serial number will be? When I get home from work I'll take another picture of the front panel

Comment

There should be more than one sn on it. Usually inside a cover or under the door...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Thank you I'll check it over tonight

Comment

Trailblazer 44D?...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

Looks like Big something 30, 40, 50 ?<br />
                  Probably 30,40 or 50 as its a 4 cyl. Lighter models were 3 cyc. <br />
                  Basic model. Guessing maybe mid 80's just a guess. Better picture would help. <br />
                  Left grab handle is rough setting and right round knob is fine setting. <br />
                  Mine is 1988 Big 40 D model with CV opt. and the left handle goes CW lower and CC higher setting total of 5 ranges. Right round knob is fine adjustment. CC to lower and CW to increase setting between rough setting

Comment

Working...
                  X