Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Syncrowave 180SD welder repair shop in Charleston, S.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an email from Radwell International, Inc.(PLC Center) confirming the board can be repaired.

Comment

The boards are on their way back. Should have them Monday. Will update after their installation.

Comment

WooHoo!!! Received my repaired boards from Radwell (PLC Center) today. They sent a laundry list of parts replaced or checked. I carefully installed them. Plugged the welder in....turned on the gas....switched the welder on....and.......................no gas or arc in tig mode. Nothing has changed except the power on light does not come on now😕😕😕 I guess a cheaper place could have done the same thing for less😃😃😃

Oh well....a used welder is looking very good now.

Anyone interested in buying a for parts Syncrowave 180SD??

Comment

Really bad news! And now I suppose if you tried to get some help from them, they will say they know the board is good (because they fixed it!) and you have something else wrong. No-win situation.

Comment

Man, that sucks. How much are you into this repair for at this point

Comment

$482 and a 3yr warranty.....😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Comment

Well at least you got a three year warranty. Can you maybe sell that board to someone? Sounds like it has value. Presuming it works.

Comment

LOL..... anyone want to buy a Syncrowave 180SD board? Used 30seconds....3yr warranty by the PLC center. Make offer 😄😄😄😄😐

Comment

Have you contacted PLC to see if they'd take another look at it - as part of their warranty coverage?
                    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                    Syncrowave 180 SD
                    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                    *HF-251D-1
                    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                    PakMaster 100XL
                    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                    http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

• Sent the boards back today to PLC Center for a re-check of the repair under warranty😕😕 Hopefully this time it will work😑😑

Comment

• Originally posted by Dconn23 View Post
                        Ok so I go the board back today. $295 later and nothing exactly the same.
                        Hey....did you get your welder repaired?? I'm out $482 on a board repair. Their repair didn't fix my welder either but I'm sending my repaired boards back under their 3yr warranty. Hopefully they will find something else not working correctly. They did manage to make the power on light not come on now so something did change😄😄😄😄 Let me know if you fixed your welder. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Well....PLC Center received my boards for warranty repair over a week ago and no word as of yet. When I initially sent them in for repair.....I heard back from them in 2 days. I guess potential warranty work takes longer after they have your money and boards. Nice customer service. Is Cruizer still around??

Comment

• Sorta, kinda, not really....... quite busy, with my bijkes or jet boat. little time for the internet. Actual work is still quite slow....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike22590 View Post
                              Well....PLC Center received my boards for warranty repair over a week ago and no word as of yet. When I initially sent them in for repair.....I heard back from them in 2 days. I guess potential warranty work takes longer after they have your money and boards. Nice customer service.
                              Well if you get the boards back and they still don't work, before ditching the machine I can check with a local guy (former NASA satellite tech) that has repaired "unfixable" boards for me in the past to see if he's willing to take a look at yours.
                              MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
                              Syncrowave 180 SD
                              Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
                              *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
                              *HF-251D-1
                              *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                              PakMaster 100XL
                              Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
                              http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

• Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                                Well if you get the boards back and they still don't work, before ditching the machine I can check with a local guy (former NASA satellite tech) that has repaired "unfixable" boards for me in the past to see if he's willing to take a look at yours.
                                That would be great and much appreciated!!! PLC Center have had the boards for almost 4 weeks and no word yet. I did send an email 2 days ago checking on the status of my repair and no word yet. I hope I get them back so your friend can fix them!! I know PLC Center was highly recommended on this forum but they haven't impressed me at all. A high dollar crap shoot so far.

Is there anything else non circuit board related that could be the problem?? The machine seems fine except for no tig HF arc or gas flow. I'm assuming the arc and gas flow is controlled by the boards. Thanks for the continued support!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X