Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Syncrowave 180SD welder repair shop in Charleston, S.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can't or don't want to fix it, It goes to the PLC center. Comes back properly fixed every time.

Comment

Has anyone heard of Test Point Inc.? Prices seem to be extremely low compared to everybody else to repair a Miller Electric 190772 board. Price might be from 2014 though. Thanks for you time!!

Comment

This is who I found that offers a repair. http://innovatcorp.com/2016_pc_board_repair_price_list You pay no matter if they find a problem with the board or not that is why I was wondering if they thought it was definitely a board problem vs a hard part problem. My welder is a home welder that i've barely used since new so I can't justify buying a new one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike22590;n569469]Has anyone heard of Test Point Inc.? Prices seem to be extremely low compared to everybody else to repair a Miller Electric 190772 board. Price might be from 2014 though. Thanks for you time!!
          [/QUOTE

Wow this place is only 20 minutes from my house i'll try to swing by there and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Dconn23 View Post
            This is who I found that offers a repair. http://innovatcorp.com/2016_pc_board_repair_price_list You pay no matter if they find a problem with the board or not that is why I was wondering if they thought it was definitely a board problem vs a hard part problem. My welder is a home welder that i've barely used since new so I can't justify buying a new one.
            Wow....that's a great price....$320. The place near you says $190 on their site but it's a couple of years old. The guru's here think it's definitely the big pc board. I was going to fix it myself but there was a question about whether the thermistor was the problem or not. I've used mine weekly if not daily for the last 17yrs. I bought it new and it's looks like brand new except for the pc boards. Let me know about Test Point, Inc. I could live with $320.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dconn23;n569476]
              Originally posted by Mike22590 View Post
              Has anyone heard of Test Point Inc.? Prices seem to be extremely low compared to everybody else to repair a Miller Electric 190772 board. Price might be from 2014 though. Thanks for you time!!
              [/QUOTE

Wow this place is only 20 minutes from my house i'll try to swing by there and see what they say.
              Hey....have you sent your board off?? Where?

Comment

I dropped mine off today at Test Point I'll post when I find out more.

Comment

I dropped mine off today at Test Point I'll post when I find out more.
                  Thanks!! I'd like to send mine there too if their price is as listed on their website.

Comment

Ok so I go the board back today. $295 later and nothing exactly the same.

Comment

NO way!!!! The guys were extremely confident it would be the board. Did Test Point, Inc. say if they found something wrong or not? Did you send them both boards?

Comment

I'm not sure what they found or did. I gave them both boards, they don't do anything over the phone all by email so i'm not sure what they found.

Comment

I'm not sure what they found or did. I gave them both boards, they don't do anything over the phone all by email so i'm not sure what they found.
                          ​I may try http://innovatcorp.com and see what they come up with. Hate it that they didn't fix the problem. By all indications.....it should be the board. Haven't seen any replies from the more experienced guys on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                            Ok, the full power would be correct, so it's,still a board issue. Personally I,d just get a new one or send it to PLC stating the problems
                            Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                            If I can't or don't want to fix it, It goes to the PLC center. Comes back properly fixed every time.

Whatever happened to that idea??

Maybe shopping for the lowest price was not the best plan...??

Cruizer has been using and recommending PLC for many years
                            Last edited by H80N; 07-02-2016, 10:04 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

+1. The lowest price is very (most?) often not the best deal. If it were, perhaps most of us would be driving Yugos.

Comment

I sent my two boards to Radwell International, Inc.(PLC Center) today. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X