Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Syncrowave 180SD welder repair shop in Charleston, S.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a detective !!!

If you replace this remember MOSFETS are generally very static sensitive. Use precautions against static.

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      BINGO...!!!

Darned if it isn't an IR part with an OEM Miller number & $7.40 at Miller4Less

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...=11&search.y=2
      WooHoo!!! Excellent work!! Thanks for figuring out the part number mystery👍👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
        What a detective !!!

If you replace this remember MOSFETS are generally very static sensitive. Use precautions against static.
        Will do. Have to remove the old one first without incident. Thanks for the help👏👏

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Nope its there on top etched in. A double magnifing glass works best.
          Yep!!! Thanks for all of your help😊😊😊

Comment

I'll pull up the diagram on the big screen tomorrow, and have another looksee.. We do know that the pulse transformers are not firing.
            Acknowledged and you'll see that Q1 and Q2 are only responsible for firing those pulse transformers.

But the OP also doesn't have gas flow either which is controlled by Q4 and no HF which is controlled by Q5 that turns optocoupler OC1 on that turns Q3 on to fire the HF transformer.

As such, either the machine experienced a major PCB1 failure OR the board is simply not getting the required foot/hand control signal from the 14-pin remote receptacle (RC7) at board connector RC2 due to poor/corroded contacts that you've seen in the past with these machines. That or one or more poor harness connection issues but that's a long shot considering all that's not happening that should be.
            MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
            Syncrowave 180 SD
            Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
            *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
            *HF-251D-1
            *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
            PakMaster 100XL
            Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110
            http://www.millerwelds.com/images/sm...rolleyes.png?2

Comment

I will double check the RC2 connector again just too make sure.

And yes....I am not getting gas flow to the torch via the machine (flow out of the hose from regulator to the back of the machine) and no HF with the foot pedal depressed in tig mode. The tungsten will get hotter and brighter with the foot pedal depressed in stick mode but no gas flow. Thanks for your input😊😊😊

Comment

And check the sockets in the back of the 14-pin receptacle as there has been at least one case in which one or more got pushed out resulting in the remote plug not making contact. Check your remote cord plug too.

So there's output in stick mode where there wouldn't be any gas flow but I trust you're aware of that. The tungsten should be "hot" continuously in stick mode as well.
                Last edited by duaneb55; 06-03-2016, 10:50 AM.
                Syncrowave 180 SD
                *HF-251D-1
                *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                PakMaster 100XL

Comment

Yeah....it's hot in stick mode. It sparks when I drag it against the workpiece and sticks

Comment

when I push down in the foot pedal so I'm ASSuming the foot pedal works. Plus it's a brand new heavy duty one.

Comment

OK, that just confirms everything works as it should in stick mode.
                      Syncrowave 180 SD
                      *HF-251D-1
                      *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
                      PakMaster 100XL

Comment

OK, nothing is really working, look inside the machine, and you'll eventually see a plug with 2 red wires. 1 of the wires is heading over to RC4-1. Anyways, Open the plug up and with the machine turned on, measure the 2 red wires for 115Vac. What do you really have?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike22590 View Post

WooHoo!!! Excellent work!! Thanks for figuring out the part number mystery👍👍👍
                          Was a group effort.... Glad we could help.....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

OK, nothing is really working, look inside the machine, and you'll eventually see a plug with 2 red wires. 1 of the wires is heading over to RC4-1. Anyways, Open the plug up and with the machine turned on, measure the 2 red wires for 115Vac. What do you really have?

I measured 124.5volts

Comment

Now find and disconnect the HAll / Lem and retry in stick

Comment

I need to put the boards back in. I'll do that when I get home from work this afternoon. Thanks for the reply☺☺

Comment

Working...
                                X