Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running rod oven when doing mobile welding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running rod oven when doing mobile welding?

hey guys so i just started a job where half the time i work in the shop welding with wire and the rest is running stick off my truck. being all structural work with stick i bought a used 10lb rod oven that draws 100 watts. i was wondering how all you guys run rod ovens off your mobile trucks? do you just plug the oven into your welder? when i do this with my bobcat 225 kicks up to high RPM making more noise and wasting more fuel. i have not have to worry about this yet because i can plug the oven into the shop and keep the rods warm. but when out away from the shop do you guys just let your machine run on high RPM to run the rod oven? i thought i might setup an inverter off the welder battery to run the rod oven to save the welder wear and fuel? has anyone else setup an inverter off the welder battery to keep rods warm? what do you guys do?

we put rod oven kits into larger machines, however yours being so small, And only 100 watts, an inverter might just be the answer

Comment

Ya I'm thinking having a little inverter off the battery makes the most sense for me. What exactly is this rod oven kit that you install?

Comment

Working...
      X