Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ron144 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I want to try the Al 4943 rod....Anybody still up for sending me 1lb? If this works well with our aluminum pieces, I am thinking about ordering more pounds for our company. It would be great if I can get 1/16" size to test. Thank you and much appreciated with all the help here. You guys are awesome

Ron, please send me your shipping address. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Bob...

the minimum order I have seen is only 5lb for TIG rod...

think you are talking to the wrong supplier....

Have you actually ordered 5lb of 4943 TIG rod? I've ordered from Baker's Gas & Supply in 10lb boxes. Even after looking at the Hobart/Maxal Datasheets, they only list 10lb boxes for TIG rod straight-cut lengths. I would have loved to order 5lbs at a time instead of 10lbs.

aametalmaster, not sure why Hobart would tell you that, when they offer other quantities:

Attached Files
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

aametalmaster, not sure why Hobart would tell you that, when they offer other quantities:

I was looking at 4" spools not cut lengths. Galen sent me some to try which will be this weekend. I work at the LWS and see the min order..Bob
        Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

Have you actually ordered 5lb of 4943 TIG rod? I've ordered from Baker's Gas & Supply in 10lb boxes. Even after looking at the Hobart/Maxal Datasheets, they only list 10lb boxes for TIG rod straight-cut lengths. I would have loved to order 5lbs at a time instead of 10lbs.

Looks like I'm mistaken... some TIG 36inch cut lengths had been available in 1lb tubes...
          but it seems that is no longer the case & minimum size is now 10lb cartons

Sorry to see the discontinuation of the 1lb tubes.... they would make it easier for more folks get introduced to the properties of and to try 4943...
          Last edited by H80N; 06-08-2016, 11:27 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
          X