Dynasty 210dx error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 210dx error code

Anybody know what error code 1.4.3 is? Machine welds for 2 seconds, arc gets rough and quits, then code sets. I'm starting to think I just wasn't born to own an invertor welder.......

If you call Miller at 920-734-9821, I'm sure they will tell you in a minute and offer any other help you may need. I've called several times-nice people, great service. It's a big part of why I have Miller welders.

Comment

Called them as soon as they opened this morning. That particular code is internal to the machine. It's in the shop as we speak.

Comment

Process control board issue

Comment

That's what they said. Some kind of overload on a board. I swear I'm cursed. It died the second time I turned it on. That's the 3rd invertor powered machine I've owned that didn't make it 1 year from new without an issue, and I barely use them.

Comment

Always the same problem or at least similar?<br />
            <br />
            Maybe a power supply issue? <br />
            <br />
            That's a strange coincidence. Maybe you could find an old something or other and roll with that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              Always the same problem or at least similar?

Maybe a power supply issue?

That's a strange coincidence. Maybe you could find an old something or other and roll with that instead.
              I certainly have thought about my power source, but nothing else on my property has any issues, including a VFD on the lathe. It all comes from the same transformer on the pole so I've kind of ruled it out.
              The first Thermal arc mig blew the invertor power supply board when a shorted nozzle touched the work and overloaded it. Second Thermal arc Tig wasn't right from day 1. It had an assortment of different issues, mostly related to the arc, on top of the known amp delay problems. I bought the millers hoping to be done with that crap, but here we go again.....When I called Miller to check on the code, they never suggested input power as a possible cause. We'll see what the shop says.

Comment

maybe its your electrifying personality that's zapping the inverter until its dead.

Comment

That's kinda funny, and incredibly accurate, lol.
                  Sorry Ryan, wasn't trying to be dismissive. I agree, strange coincidence for sure.

Comment

nah man, its fine. I haven't a clue what could possibly cause your doodads to die, but I have had some problems in the past with other electronics (computers) frying power supplies...over and over...until I put them on a battery backup. Discovered a voltage drop in that circuit every time a certain light was turned on. Just a quick drop, but it was enough to kick in the battery backup relay doofloppy...whatever it does when the it senses that drop...starts clicking and beeping and overall being annoying to let you know the power is out I suppose.

Might be something like that. Or it might just be that you're the unluckiest guy in the shop. Try getting a transformer welder and forgetting about all the fancy schmancy bells and whistles that come along with the inverter technology.

Comment

I got a new MM252 to replace the invertor powered MIG. It's transformer..... If it goes tits up, I'm giving up and using J-B weld to join metal from now on.....

Comment

derrickd

sorry to hear of your problems,,,

but glad you are getting the glitches & infant mortality issues out of the way while still under warranty

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

It's not your power supply it is your pc5 board it happened to my brand-new syncrowave 210 and it had just happened to my brand new Miller Dynasty 210 go figure.... they will fix them and u will get it back 3 or 4 weeks later.....please tell me one thing does your fan run as soon as u turn it on...Cuz mine did from the day I got it. I put a post on the Forum and asked if it was supposed to one of the guys on the Forum posted back that it was supposed to run all the time... wrong..... it's not supposed to run all the time it's on demand. run when it needs to run. Now I got it back from Miller they replace the pc5 board and it doesn't run all the time only runs when it needs to That's Why They Call It On Demand......

Comment

Glad you got your machine fixed Mike. I certainly hope nobody else answers a question incorrectly for you.

Comment

If he was paying attention, instead of just B****ing, he'd realize I already answered his fan question on his other post. The fan hasn't changed. I wish he would have told me what was wrong with it before I took it to the shop, I would have just told Miller to send me a couple of those pesky pc5 boards to keep around.....
                              Last edited by derrickd; 05-21-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X