No announcement yet.

Converting Miller Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but the PRICE! Wow. Syncrowave, with configurable TIG, $4,300+ Owww. Lincoln Invertec 225 $2,300. And so on...

What I was talking about was connecting a couple of wires from inside the box to a board that drives a three digit LED panel. I'm sure there are wire-heads out there who have done that sort of thing. During the Commodore-64 and Atari 800 days, there were all sorts of garage-built gadgets. The Timex-Sinclair was nothing but the CPU and memory. Everything was a plugged in peripheral. Many were designed and built by hobbyists. I'm not talking THAT extreme, just a three digit panel.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

Thou shalt not speak the "L" word amongst men...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Thou shalt not speak the "L" word amongst men...
        He just likes to spout disregarding any facts.... his time might be better spent learning those facts

Originally posted by buffumjr View Post
        Yeah, but the PRICE! Wow. Syncrowave, with configurable TIG, $4,300+ Owww. Lincoln Invertec 225 $2,300. And so on...

Whining on price in an apples to oranges comparison is waste of time if the machines are not comparable

you are comparing a conventional transformer/chopper TIG ... Precision TIG® 225 TIG Welder $2,590

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...FZNbhgod_dkJPA

to an advanced inverter TIG...Miller Syncrowave 210 MIG, TIG & Stick Welder Package (951616) $2,735

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...51616?___SID=U

and the Miller also does MIG & comes with an included spoolgun..

buffumjr is all WET.... on this subject
        Folks around here are not so dumb... and do not suffer attempts by any trying to blow smoke up the proverbial dress with much humor... ....

BTW there is no "Lincoln Invertec 225" in their present product lineup... nor has there ever been..
        Last edited by H80N; 05-22-2016, 11:04 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
        X