• Show
Clear All

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    "Yes. we lend our tools, but our paid mechanics go with them."

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Lending out a pipe wrench to the neighbor to fix his sink is one thing. Letting someone take a machine that cost a whole heck of a lot more than a dozen pipe wrenches is another story all together. <br />
    <br />
    My tool loaning story is similar, but it honestly wasn't the guy's fault. He borrowed my set of cordless tools to do a project. Hurricane Rita came through and flooded his little shop. They were under three feet of salt water for who knows how long. I held on to them for a while planning to rebuild them, but they got in my way one too many times and met the scrap bin.

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    I have had no luck lending tools. Some years ago, my former neighbor borrowed my brand new 20 ft.aluminum extension ladder and wouldn't return it even after numerous requests over a period of six months. One day I had had enough and I went to get it. It was covered with spray and roller paint from top to bottom. Then there was the roto-tiller than I lent to my son-on-law. I got that back a year later with a broken gear tooth in the transmission. I scrapped it because there were no parts available.

It sounds to me like the OP here is owed a new welder by his "friend", This won't ever happen to me because I don't lend tools anymore. BTDT. LOL,

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by KYCharger View Post
    Well the welder has maybe 15 hours on it, so I know the gearbox is good. I let a friend borrow it and he did some soda blasting with my welder in the vicinity and my wire got rusted and I didn't notice it until it was too late and it broke the tensioner assembly when I tried to use it which was 133.00 and one of the brushes broke off from corrosion as well. That's the reason I was looking for just the motor.
    Sounds like you now have much bigger issues as a result of this SODA exposure

Hope your "Friend" is covering the cost of repair.... would not be surprised if you also experienced other corrosion related failures of board.& electronics etc
    Last edited by H80N; 05-13-2016, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KYCharger
    replied
    Well the welder has maybe 15 hours on it, so I know the gearbox is good. I let a friend borrow it and he did some soda blasting with my welder in the vicinity and my wire got rusted and I didn't notice it until it was too late and it broke the tensioner assembly when I tried to use it which was 133.00 and one of the brushes broke off from corrosion as well. That's the reason I was looking for just the motor.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Would bet that MILLER has improved the entire assy....

Not to mention the normal wear and tear on the gearbox & gearset over the years...

so it is worth your while to spend the $103 for the whole BRAND NEW shebang

no good reason to be penny wise pound foolish.... $103 sounds like a heII of a deal...

http://weldfabulous.com/miller-20270...16vdc-w-leads/

Last edited by H80N; 05-12-2016, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    Here is the whole unit with motor, gears and leads for $103 with free shipping. I bet it will be difficult to source the motor alone.

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/mil...16vdc-w-leads/

Leave a comment:

• KYCharger
    started a topic Drive feed roller motor

Drive feed roller motor

It's a millermatic 180 the whole assembly is MIL 202708, which is about 115.00. But I only need the motor. Does anybody know where just the motor can be purchased? The unit serial number is MA050412N Stock number 907312.
Working...
X