Drive feed roller motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive feed roller motor

It's a millermatic 180 the whole assembly is MIL 202708, which is about 115.00. But I only need the motor. Does anybody know where just the motor can be purchased? The unit serial number is MA050412N Stock number 907312.

Here is the whole unit with motor, gears and leads for $103 with free shipping. I bet it will be difficult to source the motor alone.

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/mil...16vdc-w-leads/
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Comment

Would bet that MILLER has improved the entire assy....

Not to mention the normal wear and tear on the gearbox & gearset over the years...

so it is worth your while to spend the $103 for the whole BRAND NEW shebang

no good reason to be penny wise pound foolish.... $103 sounds like a heII of a deal...

http://weldfabulous.com/miller-20270...16vdc-w-leads/

Last edited by H80N; 05-12-2016, 09:53 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Well the welder has maybe 15 hours on it, so I know the gearbox is good. I let a friend borrow it and he did some soda blasting with my welder in the vicinity and my wire got rusted and I didn't notice it until it was too late and it broke the tensioner assembly when I tried to use it which was 133.00 and one of the brushes broke off from corrosion as well. That's the reason I was looking for just the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by KYCharger View Post
          Well the welder has maybe 15 hours on it, so I know the gearbox is good. I let a friend borrow it and he did some soda blasting with my welder in the vicinity and my wire got rusted and I didn't notice it until it was too late and it broke the tensioner assembly when I tried to use it which was 133.00 and one of the brushes broke off from corrosion as well. That's the reason I was looking for just the motor.
          Sounds like you now have much bigger issues as a result of this SODA exposure

Hope your "Friend" is covering the cost of repair.... would not be surprised if you also experienced other corrosion related failures of board.& electronics etc
          Last edited by H80N; 05-13-2016, 07:35 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I have had no luck lending tools. Some years ago, my former neighbor borrowed my brand new 20 ft.aluminum extension ladder and wouldn't return it even after numerous requests over a period of six months. One day I had had enough and I went to get it. It was covered with spray and roller paint from top to bottom. Then there was the roto-tiller than I lent to my son-on-law. I got that back a year later with a broken gear tooth in the transmission. I scrapped it because there were no parts available.

It sounds to me like the OP here is owed a new welder by his "friend", This won't ever happen to me because I don't lend tools anymore. BTDT. LOL,
            Miller Syncrowave 200
            Milermatic 252
            Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Comment

Lending out a pipe wrench to the neighbor to fix his sink is one thing. Letting someone take a machine that cost a whole heck of a lot more than a dozen pipe wrenches is another story all together. <br />
              <br />
              My tool loaning story is similar, but it honestly wasn't the guy's fault. He borrowed my set of cordless tools to do a project. Hurricane Rita came through and flooded his little shop. They were under three feet of salt water for who knows how long. I held on to them for a while planning to rebuild them, but they got in my way one too many times and met the scrap bin.

Comment

"Yes. we lend our tools, but our paid mechanics go with them."
                ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Working...
                X