rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebel

My LWS has had two fairly good size esab wire feed machines....somewhere in the 250 amp range, but I can't remember the model #s. Anyway, they've had them sitting on their showroom floor for YEARS now. I've made them a few offers to try and get one cheap, but they wouldn't go for it. Can't really blame them. So now they're sending them back to esab and just got in about a dozen of the rebel machines, which are inverters and have all sorts of bells and whistles that I don't need, but would like to hear what you guys think about them. Here's a link to it on cyberweld:

http://store.cyberweld.com/esreemp2105.html?gclid=CIKw_OiMyMwCFQiUaQodNxcFZg

Made in China..?? Poland...??? or Where...???

is it an ESAB...?? THERMAL ARC..?? or TWECO...???

Guess that depends on what color the the marketing dept likes this month...

How close is the nearest ACTUAL SERVICE CENTER ...???

Are there local..?? regional..?? centers..?? or do you have to ship the unit to their warehouse in South Carolina..??

We won't know the full RELIABILITY/DURABILITY story for a few years...

their reliability and quality will only be revealed after they have been in real world use for some time..

Early buyers should understand that they are Beta-Testers....

I usually wait till a model has been out for a while and they have shaken out the bugs and kinks...
    Last edited by H80N; 05-07-2016, 09:03 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
      Made in China..?? Poland...??? or Where...???

is it an ESAB...?? THERMAL ARC..?? or TWECO...???

Guess that depends on what color the the marketing dept likes this month...

How close is the nearest ACTUAL SERVICE CENTER ...???

Are there local..?? regional..?? centers..?? or do you have to ship the unit to their warehouse in South Carolina..??

We won't know the full RELIABILITY/DURABILITY story for a few years...

their reliability and quality will only be revealed after they have been in real world use for some time..

Early buyers should understand that they are Beta-Testers....

I usually wait till a model has been out for a while and they have shaken out the bugs and kinks...
      I'll second everything he said. Only two things can happen if you buy one , either it's good or bad . Do you have the money to waste if it turns out bad ?

Comment

Hello Gentlemen, I placing my first post, can someone please direct me to the correct discussion trail. I have a wire feeder miller S60 series, Serial Number KE711442, stock 131785 is attached to my shop master 300, I bought it used I have an issue with NO GAS Flow, I did replace the Gas valve with Miller 222837 KIT,GAS VALVE and still Have no Gas Flow When I press the Gun, the machine does feed the wire, issue is just the NO gas flow, Can can some one assist with this?
        Forgot to add the pictures.
        Hello Gentlemen, I placing my first post, can someone please direct me to the correct discussion trail. I have a wire feeder miller S60 series, Serial Number KE711442, stock 131785 is attached to my shop master 300, I bought it used I have an issue with NO GAS Flow, I did replace the Gas valve with Miller 222837 KIT,GAS VALVE and still Have no Gas Flow When I press the Gun, the machine does feed the wire, issue is just the NO gas flow, Can can some one assist with this?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by aametalmaster; 05-07-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rgt911 View Post
          BUT.....You put them on the wrong thread

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The Rebel is ESAB's answer to the Fabricator 211/Lincoln 210mp/Miller Multimatic.
            I've seen some mixes reviews so far but since it's the new ESAB company I'd steer clear IMHO. Since ESAB/Tweco/Thermal Arc/Victor merger has managed to screw up all the companies even more I doubt you'll be able to even get consumables.
            Last edited by xryan; 05-07-2016, 06:47 PM.
            Ryan
            MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
            MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
            SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
            (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
            Weld-Mask goggles/hood
            OPTREL e684 helmet
            SMITH torches
            HARRIS torches

Comment

Originally posted by Rgt911 View Post
              Rgt911
              Go to the "Welding Discussions Forum" and near the top is a button to start a new topic "TOPIC +" Start a new thread and ask your questions there. I personally don't know anything about S60 series wire feeders but there are people here that do.No one knows your level of competence/expertise so maybe also verify for them what you have checked, like none of the hoses are blocked, gas is getting to the feeder, the gas valve does/does not open etc. I hope someone can get you up and running ASAP. Best of luck.---Meltedmetal

Correction it is "+ New Topic" Mm
              Last edited by Meltedmetal; 05-07-2016, 03:32 PM.
              ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Thank you MM, hope he gets the help he needs...<br />
                <br />
                I'm certain that machine is made in China. I have had limited experience with esab support and it has been positive. I had a O&A torch issue and they were great, just have to go through a distributor. No problem there either.<br />
                <br />
                Not really sure why my LWS got them in, their sales force have nothing good to say about the esab machines. I've never owned one, so I have no experience with them either. Even on the parts for my esab torch, my LWS has to order them. I had one salesman tell me that they're only an esab dealer so they can sell the welding alloys. And I do like the esab 7018, I think it's called atom arc? <br />
                <br />
                I totally agree with what you said H80N, no doubt. I think those statement stand true for a lot of the new welding technology as well. It's seemingly harder to get home grown parts these days too. My Lincoln 140c...Mexico...my htp 221...Italy...my maxstar 150sth...Austria......this is why I like the old stuff when I can get a good deal on it.

Comment

Yes, the new Rebel is made in China.
                  Ryan
                  MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
                  MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
                  SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
                  (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
                  Weld-Mask goggles/hood
                  OPTREL e684 helmet
                  SMITH torches
                  HARRIS torches

Comment