Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    i would rather have a dyn 200DX air cooler than a HTP with the water cooler and cart but it's youre $$$ spend it how you feel fit.

Leave a comment:

• WelderBob
    replied
    Nope, Red Green.

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Dedicated member of the Oppossum Lodge since 1997.

The Oppossum lodge ? Is the same one Jed Clampet belonged to ?

Leave a comment:

• WelderBob
    replied
    By the time you accessorize your Dynasty, you have spent $2900! For that, you can get the HTP with the water cooler and cart, nothing else needed but gas and filler.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    at $2200.00 i would just get the Dynasty 200 DX

Leave a comment:

• WelderBob
    replied
    Did you guys think of adding the HTP Invertig 201 AC/DC to your comparison list? $2200.00, I think it stacks up great between the SD 200 and the TD 185.
    The only complaints I have heard about HTP are from people who have never tried them.

http://www.usaweld.com/products/tig_welders/tig201.html

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    like dido

a 250 with cooler for $ 1200.00 dude thats sweet i would jump at that and i dont even know how i would power it but i would find a way

Leave a comment:

• Tailshaft56
    replied
    I was going to pick up my syncro250 this week, but now I am starting to think again. Although I could always resell it, I am getting it with a bernard chiller for $1,200 and it is only 8 years old.[/QUOTE]

If you get cold feet and you live near OK. please drop me a line. I'd be interested in the 250

Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Conrad_Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by dumbass
    Mr turbo, i know about running a small business. If you know about running a small business to than you would know what your time is worth. In my trade, in my area, you can bill yourself at 60/80hr labor and since its overtime, your nonmaterials cost is the same wether your there 40, 50, 60 hours a week. Point is, in the time you take looking up specs and raising "diss"cussion, you could have brought in the extra grand and bought the **** thing allready. Or you couldve had the TA and tell us about how great it is firsthand by now. And so you know, the 200dx doesnt even pull 30 amps input on the full 200 amps output. If your going to be welding at only low amps then by all means go get the TA. I hope you dont NEED the capacity though. Maybe i wasnt clear enough about why i bought the 200dx so i will lay it out for you.
    1. 200amps on less than 30 amps input for tig.
    2. Its made in america. There is some guy in appleton WI that gets to go to work every day and earn an honest living because I bought a miller welder and not an import.

Oh yeah, and your use of the word inferior makes it seem as your degrading the 200dx. Its by all accounts better than the other 2 welders mentioned except price(by your account also). I dont label goods as inferior just because they cost more. Maybe we should outsource everything to the "superior" cheap labor in other countries. Get real. Let me know when you get your welder, i hope you are happy with the purchase whichever one you choose.
    Ah I don't need to argue...I am at my day job right now getting paid to research welders for my small business. I am not taking any of my personal time out of my day to find out what is the best for my business.

As for inferior, I was stating in the $1800 price range the Lincoln and Miller are "inferior" to the TA. Comparing a 200DX to a TA185 the 200DX is better (I never once said the 200DX is inferior), I am well aware of that...but it comes at nearly $1000 more, rightfully so.

If the 180SD can run on my shop wiring, then the TA185 and the 200DX can as well. No big deal.

I'm Canadian so really I can support whatever market I want, I just want to buy the best welder for my money. In the $1800 price range the TA185 comes on top, if I have the extra money I will go for the 200DX. It's easy to say buy the nicer more expensive model...but then I don't see everyone sporting a brand new Aerowave TIG machine in their garage or shops.

fun4now I will definately be sticking around, I am not an expert weldor (I've done a lot of MIG...but don't have any major TIG experience). I do design and build a lot of custom parts for autox/drag race cars all over North America. This is my site (it's pretty dated...and will have A LOT more content added in the next few months) http://ace.tupeck.com/

I participate in a lot of Toyota forums relating to Starlets, Corollas, MR2's and Alltracs. I am a moderator on a large Celica forum, celicatech.net. I am sure I can chime in once and a while around here to offer some advice. I think I'll be soaking up more than I give though.

PAddy, sounds like good news. I will keep in touch with a TA rep to see how the CSA approval process is going.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    some thing to think about

this dyn200 VS TA-185 has come up many times befor due to what "seems" like similer welders.most of the time the dyn200 wins out just due to the manny here who have and rave about it.seems like every time some one new gets the dyn200 we all get a post raving about how much they just love it and cant wait to get another chance to get out to the shop to use it . and on thoues times when forced by $$$ to chouse the TA-185 we dont here anything and when asked about it the replie is "yea its a good lil welder i like it".

why would you want to get just enough to get the job done when you could get a hole lot more for a lil more. yes $800.00 is a lot but not if you look at it as a long term purchas. wouldnt you spend an extra $6,000.00 to get the extras you wanted on youre new car??? maybe an extra $25,000.00 so the new house is just right ??

you say you have the $$$$ for eather 1 so ask youre self after you buy the welder what do you want youre reply to be??yea its a good lil welder i like it" or raving about how much they just love it and cant wait to get another chance to get out to the shop to use it

Leave a comment:

• dumbass
    replied
    Mr turbo, i know about running a small business. If you know about running a small business to than you would know what your time is worth. In my trade, in my area, you can bill yourself at 60/80hr labor and since its overtime, your nonmaterials cost is the same wether your there 40, 50, 60 hours a week. Point is, in the time you take looking up specs and raising "diss"cussion, you could have brought in the extra grand and bought the **** thing allready. Or you couldve had the TA and tell us about how great it is firsthand by now. And so you know, the 200dx doesnt even pull 30 amps input on the full 200 amps output. If your going to be welding at only low amps then by all means go get the TA. I hope you dont NEED the capacity though. Maybe i wasnt clear enough about why i bought the 200dx so i will lay it out for you.
    1. 200amps on less than 30 amps input for tig.
    2. Its made in america. There is some guy in appleton WI that gets to go to work every day and earn an honest living because I bought a miller welder and not an import.

Oh yeah, and your use of the word inferior makes it seem as your degrading the 200dx. Its by all accounts better than the other 2 welders mentioned except price(by your account also). I dont label goods as inferior just because they cost more. Maybe we should outsource everything to the "superior" cheap labor in other countries. Get real. Let me know when you get your welder, i hope you are happy with the purchase whichever one you choose.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    "I feel like I should be paying you for all this advice."

you can pay for it by being here for the next guy/gal that need's a tip or just a lil help. that is the way this site stays so helpfull. and a great read

the tip about putting a washer over the broken bolt to weld a nut too was great, i'm verry good at finding a way of getting things done and have welded a nut to broken bolt befor but never thought of a washer first to keep the weld off the case and to alow for a better weld. tips like that can save people a bundle of $$$

or you could just send cash hummmmm i supose i could take a check if its easyer LOL

Leave a comment:

• PAddy
    replied
    Just FYI, the TA 185TSW is likely at CSA cetification now, but the units with the CSA stamp won't be available until the last quarter of 2005, according to a rep I spoke with last month.

Leave a comment:

• Conrad_Turbo
    replied
    Maybe buy the welder from the people that put this board up? This is like racing 2 v8's. Ive seen more than one case where the one with more Hp lost to the guy with more TQ and vise versa. Came down to the driver. Hmm. I did this when i was first looking for a machine too. Same set of machines. In all the time i spent looking at stuff wondering what would be better i couldve just worked a little OT and got either. So thats what i did. Got the 200dx and didnt look back.
    I would pay money for advice and consultation, but won't pay for an "inferior" product. In the $1800 range the TA185 looks to be the superior welder, but comparing a $1800 to $2800 welder...the 200DX comes out on top, not surprised. The Dynasty 200DX is a VERY nice welder, but it is over the budgeted amount I have set for a TIG machine. I have other large purchases that I have budgeted for as well, it's all about finding a balance.

I am well aware my TIG welds will all come down to the weldor, I am no expert and I have never said that. I just want a very good value TIG machine that will do what I need and still have a buffer for some room to spare.

FYI it's hard to work OT on a salary...and still run a small business in the evenings and weekends.

Got the 200dx and didnt look back. I can run it off my dryer circuit at full output and not trip anything. THAT you cant do with the TA.
    Why is that? Considering the TA185 draws 29amps at it's maximum output...the 180SD in the same price range draws 54amps.

Mike I was confused about the same things you were wondering about. I am not sure what is up with those graphs, I am sure I am missing something...

fun4now I am budgeted $1800, but now I know if I had to buy an $1800 machine I'd go with the TA hands down. If the budget becomes a bit more flexible then I'd definately grab onto a 200DX simply due to the adjustable features having larger ranges.

Anyone have any pics of nice 200DX or TA185 welds?

Leave a comment:

• dumbass
    replied
    Maybe buy the welder from the people that put this board up? This is like racing 2 v8's. Ive seen more than one case where the one with more Hp lost to the guy with more TQ and vise versa. Came down to the driver. Hmm. I did this when i was first looking for a machine too. Same set of machines. In all the time i spent looking at stuff wondering what would be better i couldve just worked a little OT and got either. So thats what i did. Got the 200dx and didnt look back. I can run it off my dryer circuit at full output and not trip anything. THAT you cant do with the TA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X