X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTMcC
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael ray View Post

That is awful and I am so sorry to hear that. You are absolutely right about everything else just being an annoyance.
    Not me. my friend had to hear it tho, not being a jerk but it just gets me a bit when people talk bad days.
    I hope they make good on your tool box.

Leave a comment:

• mcostello
    replied
    Prayers offered.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I bought a set of sk sockets a couple years ago...the quality had already been chinaized... I have some old sk sockets that were in my late father's box, they are high quality...the ones I bought a couple years ago are made with a much lower quality. Thanks Ryan. I'll check them out.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
    When the doctor looks you in your beady little eyes and says your 2 year old Daughter has cancer, THAT'S a bad day.
    Everything short of that is just an annoyance.
    So keep life in perspective.
    That is awful and I am so sorry to hear that. You are absolutely right about everything else just being an annoyance.

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    When the doctor looks you in your beady little eyes and says your 2 year old Daughter has cancer, THAT'S a bad day.
    Everything short of that is just an annoyance.
    So keep life in perspective.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Well I'm no expert either, but according to their website, they have two manufacturing facilities here in the states, a foundry in Colorado Springs and some sort of new state of the art joint in sycamore Illinois. Or so says the interweb.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Probably a Chinese conspiracy. <br />
    <br />
    Matco is a "global" company as they call themselves these days. Actually, so is snapon. If you want all American made, good skookum stuff, maybe SK. Probably one of the last few great all American tool companies. I have no idea how much their tool boxes cost though. <br />
    <br />
    Could be worse though, it could've fallen on your new wire feed machine and squished it like a tin can. <br />
    <br />
    Anyway, what's a dvom? Sounds fancy.
    My memory may be failing me on this but I think I saw a tool show a couple of years ago that showed the SK sockets were now made in Italy.
    I am certainly open to correction on this.

Griff

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Harry J. Epstein Company. Great place to buy tools. Mom and pops shop with a decent website. You can search by tool type AND country of origin. They try hard to carry a lot of quality American made tools. <br />
    <br />
    http://www.harryepstein.com/<br />
    <br />
    Another interesting rid bit about them...they still hand write all their sales tickets. After I find what I want on their website, I call them with the part numbers. Ask about the box art too. <br />
    <br />
    Maybe you can get a new tool box and a digital-volt-doo-floppy-meter.

Leave a comment:

• daljitgroup
    replied
    everyone have bad day in their life.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I've been welding for a month with my trusty busty duct taped 15 year old auto dark lincoln..49 dollar piece way better than that 469...made by save face. Cheap headgear hardware..has a broken tensioner nut on side. Made very poor. My 15 year old one has jumped out of my truck bed twice and still does good

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Digital volt ohm meter. I know snap on is going global but at least the product is clearly labled still. All my snap on boxes and snap on cart are usa made. They are a few years old though. All the snap on hard line tools are still usa made..my snap on welding helmet at 469 is made in china. No good on that subject either, having flash problems and been waiting for a replacement lens...week 4. Just gotta be careful on anything anymore.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    <br />
    Digital-Volt-Ohm-Meter

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    That's what I'm talking about

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Probably a Chinese conspiracy. <br />
    <br />
    Matco is a "global" company as they call themselves these days. Actually, so is snapon. If you want all American made, good skookum stuff, maybe SK. Probably one of the last few great all American tool companies. I have no idea how much their tool boxes cost though. <br />
    <br />
    Could be worse though, it could've fallen on your new wire feed machine and squished it like a tin can. <br />
    <br />

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I'd weld a solid frame under it if it weren't fubared

Leave a comment:

Working...
X