I know

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Slacker

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Didn't get very far on that feeder today....Monday and I think it must be close to a full moon....I will get it done but as usual I got behind
    Last edited by Michael ray; 04-18-2016, 07:59 PM. Reason: Auto spell fail

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Let's see how it goes...usually when I do a project like that, if it works, I'll usually build a second or third. I do pretty well in the Chattanooga area fixing gas welders and I buy and sell a few on the side. If it works good and is cheap to make why not?? Worse thing I see happening is possible current backing up the wire...I really don't see that being a problem since the feeder will be isolated from any conductors. If it works i wonder what is the best way to video it. May tape a fixed lens to my phone camera so I can get it on you tube.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Well when you're done with it, I'll give ya a couple of bucks and we can make it mine.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Mines going to be cheap...that's the only way I can do it. Mine probably won't have the results that the pro model does but then again it might. I have a plan if it needs to pulse and have a plan to make it pulse the wire at different speeds. I'll start building something tomorrow and I'll take pics of what I use and pics of the progress...4 hours ago it was a simple wire feeder, now I have all kinds of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I bet it's cheap. Probably only costs a couple bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I'm gonna work on the poor boy version tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Sweet....I want one too

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I want this thing...<br />
    <br />
    http://youtu.be/tZyntkRFXto

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I agree, and really thanks for the topic. I really do appreciate the subject here. I think a wire feeder may really benefit myself at my job. We do lots of body repair and panel replacement so I really am excited to try it. I wish I had some input for manually feeding but I really don't. I had to pick a piece of filler up and watch my movement after reading this. I guess I just got used to the help of gravity on horizontal welds and found myself pinching with 2 fingers and using thumb to hold while the 2 fingers move...never really had thought about it much till today.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I want this thing...<br />
    <br />
    http://youtu.be/tZyntkRFXto

Leave a comment:

• Bruce83
    replied
    That's how auto feed TIG robots work, but the wire feeds in though an opening in the cup.
    P.S. No one should be rude to anyone until they know them, as they maybe packing. Also I'm not as good as I use to be. Arthritis, carpal tunnel and lose of close vision (I use 3.25 magnetifiers for work under a foot) have taken there toll on me, but out of 10 welders l work with, I can out work 8 (2 with my eyes closed). The best things I have learned is that my aluminum welds shrink 0.02", copper pulls heat out my welds the quickest, I weld from outside open edges to formed corners, I tack a lot so I don't have to skip or back step weld (thats to slow, as I now know how to control the heat). That 1 amp per 0.001" material thicknesses rule is one I never heard of. It is about right for steel, stainless & aluminum with helium gas, but I would double it for aluminum with just argon gas (even using a Dynasty).

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I do have an ultra crappy mig that I forgot about...it's a little Flux wire with just high and low. It does have an adjustable wire feeder in it though. I may kill the transformer in it and just power the drive motor and switch and use it for a tig wire feeder. It's small enough to be perfect maybe... that'll keep me from having to change out the wand on the s22a..keeps me from having to use the shopmaster to power the feeder also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X