Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael ray
    replied
    That sounds like a challenge...kinda sounds like we are engineering a fully manual mig

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    Maybe you could try a second foot pedal to control your wire feed and test out your dexterity?

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I bet it ends up looking like a normal tig weld...just tap button for a little more as needed

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    And I have 3 functioning migs and 2 spool guns....but for the right circumstances that will be a good feature to have

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael ray View Post
    I agree...I have an old mig wand that got crushed...I'll peel the head off and strip it down to the inner cable and have a tube the size of an ink pen....it has to work. I'll post a pic tomorrow if it's successful...I'll post one even if its a disaster
    COOL..!!!

looking forward to seeing your results....

no reason it should not work... probably bit of a learning curve though....

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I watched the video...now I'm going to make that bad mig gun into that. That would be helpful on long tig runs...another reason why we're here...that's awesome and I can adapt that mig wand to plug right in and feed by trigger controll....thanks for that H80N

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I agree...I have an old mig wand that got crushed...I'll peel the head off and strip it down to the inner cable and have a tube the size of an ink pen....it has to work. I'll post a pic tomorrow if it's successful...I'll post one even if its a disaster

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    By the way...I am going to try wire feeding a tig puddle when I go in tomorrow....just for fun and to see how it works. Hope nobody gets mad about it....if you do please dry the huggies out with an air hose, get a beer and enjoy the weekend
    You could rig up a pen style feed wand with a pushbutton like this factory made unit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NIKvURKs_s

think using a MIG gun would be pretty clumsy

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    By the way...I am going to try wire feeding a tig puddle when I go in tomorrow....just for fun and to see how it works. Hope nobody gets mad about it....if you do please dry the huggies out with an air hose, get a beer and enjoy the weekend

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Have some fun guys....I wouldn't be on here if we couldn't

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    Nobody earns the right to be rude where I'm at, we are all here for the same reasons and that makes us all friends in my book... we always cut our friends down with smart-*** remarks but that's just us guys everywhere...good work and knowledge is highly respected among most of us. I appreciate the thread topic myself just because it did get me thinking about filler techniques..so with no fun I'll say thanks Bruce for starting the topic, it did make at least 1 think and thats why we're here.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    It's so wonderful to finally have someone of your caliber around this forum Bruce. I concede to you sir, you're a better tig welder than me. Please feel free to be rude to as many people as you like, you've certainly earned it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I guess me and a buddy need to get busy on tag teaming tig now:q

Leave a comment:

• Michael ray
    replied
    I have to say this place is interesting, lots of good ideas and I appreciate the experience of most here. Keeps me thinking about more and more stuff the more I read. Good humor here and there also...thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    If you think that's a hair brained idea you should ride in my jeep...
    You could adapt a spare MIG feeder to feed cold wire TIG.... it has been done...
    or buy a pricey commercial one....

http://ckworldwide.com/wf5-feeder.html

BTW.... I like your Jeep.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X