Dream job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
    can we get your employee discount??? that's what everyone really wants to know
    ​I don't even know what mine is LOL..Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Good luck! Have you done sales before?
      Gina M. Tabasso
      HGR Industrial Surplus
      www.hgrinc.com

Comment

Yes I worked in my dads shop for about 8 1/2 years but that was moons ago. Then I went to the big money places and now I need to be closer to home.
        Bob Wright

Comment

So the first month is gone, how're ya liking the new job?

Comment

Just fine. Had lunch today with the Miller rep and got to try a new machine that will be out mid July, Shhhh...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

Awesome brother- I can't wait to say the same thing.

Enjoy the gig.

Comment

Thanks...
                Bob Wright

Comment

I had always heard that the coolest job in the world was to be a bar tender in Key West.

According to Rush Limbaugh, If you do what you are passionate at, and keep with it, you will succeed. All Rush wanted to be was a voice on the radio. He's now worth $2B.

Pass to your Miller rep that the hobbyist customer would like to see some multiprocess (e.g. TIG and stick) welders out there, with wave shaping ability, for under $1,700.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

Originally posted by buffumjr View Post
                    Pass to your Miller rep that the hobbyist customer would like to see some multiprocess (e.g. TIG and stick) welders out there, with wave shaping ability, for under $1,700.
                    Keep your eyes peeled about mid July, can't say anymore...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Comment

A salesman at the local welding supply who actually knows how to weld?!! And even has a previous career welding professionally??!!!

That would certainly be a novelty here! Around here they hire guys sturdy enough to move bottles and smart enough to learn how to fill propane, and of course they have to hire some number of women (whose previous experience was something like selling bras at Sears). The LWS gives these people a 2-3 week course in welding equipment familiarization, after which some of them assume they know enough to argue with real welders about welding.

Comment

Yup know how to weld, fit, bend and cut metal, fill N2, co2, 75/25, Helium and oxygen. The unloading skids of mig wire is pretty tough on my old but but I will handle it. Plus I usually know what it is just from someone asking for it...Bob
                        Bob Wright

Comment

I vote for you to come here and work at my LWS. I like the guys in there, I really do, but they don't do a very good job of staying up with the newest technology, techniques or pretty much any changes in the welding field at all. As far as they know, scratch start tig is pretty much all that's going on...a lot of industry here ya see...I even had to have them order me a new #17f torch head because it's not a normal stock item. Had no idea why I wouldn't want the valve and were shocked to discover the "f" stood for "flex". No kidding here at all.

Comment

I just want to know if Bob can sell Bras....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                            Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                              I just want to know if Bob can sell Bras....
                              I can sell them just can't get them unhooked. I was the guy too busy welding after school...Bob
                              Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                                I vote for you to come here and work at my LWS. I like the guys in there, I really do, but they don't do a very good job of staying up with the newest technology, techniques or pretty much any changes in the welding field at all. As far as they know, scratch start tig is pretty much all that's going on...a lot of industry here ya see...I even had to have them order me a new #17f torch head because it's not a normal stock item. Had no idea why I wouldn't want the valve and were shocked to discover the "f" stood for "flex". No kidding here at all.
                                I just ordered in a 17FV torch as we didn't have the valve torch in stock. I went with the Miller rep last week to our local vo tech school to demonstrate the Miller welding simulator that really welds. They have another version that is just like a big video game that doesn't weld...Bob
                                Bob Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X