miller maxstar 150 STL
    miller maxstar 210
    miller a bp 330
    non blue,
    Lincoln weldanpower 150 1982 model
    esab plasma
    Hobart ironman 210, spool gun
    victor oxy acy set
    thousands of snap on tools, 3 large boxes and tons of automotive equip.

Comment

Well did you ever get those Chevy brakes bled successfully? I had a problem on an old fairlane wagon we were building that was similar to that. I finally broke down and called the manufactorer of the master cylinder and ask for help. In about ten seconds they solved all of my problems. I was glad to have the solution but I was also irritated because it was my initial thought but I figured that it can't possibly be that. <br />
      <br />
      Anyway, I've been thinking about your original post for a few days now. It sounds like you have your game together with the auto tech stuff. Ya know, there's an ebb and a flow to everything. Maybe you're just in the middle of an ebb tide for some reason. I think we've all had that and it's almost never a good idea to make a life changing decision when you're disgruntled. But you're still young enough that there's all sorts of options open to you besides auto tech or welding. I'd also say that shoving your customers off because you're in a bad mood isn't the right decision, which I'm sure you'll agree with. Sometimes we get like that though. Maybe what you need is a challenge, a vacation or both to clear your head a bit.

Comment

No on the chevy brakes, I do have a new plan. Making a pressurized container to force feed fluid in the mc. Only going for 10-12 psi. We'll see. As for the customer cars.. one was that chevy and the other im waiting on the person to bring me parts. I can't work in the shop if we are waiting on parts and I just couldn't do that chevy after all the aggravation last week. I wasn't hateful to any, just need a break. That chevy was his fault for letting it go that long. The inner pad was mia, nowhere to be found. The caliper pistons were grinding into what was left of the rotor.
        blue stock,
        miller shopmaster 300, s22a feeder, s30 spool gun, hf251, arc pig
        miller maxstar 150 STL
        miller maxstar 210
        miller a bp 330
        non blue,
        esab plasma
        victor oxy acy set

Comment

Your right about needing a vacation, I get enough challenges to keep that dept satisfied
          blue stock,
          miller maxstar 150 STL
          miller maxstar 210
          miller a bp 330
          non blue,
          esab plasma
          victor oxy acy set

Comment

Brakes solved..took 15 minutes. No help needed for pumping pedal. Garden sprayer, 1/4 inch npt 1-15 psi gauge. Cut hose wand off. Used a spare Mc cap and pumped pressurized fluid through the system. Closed bleeder and had pedal....now I'm mad at myself for not braining up a little sooner. Good to be off that though
            blue stock,
            miller maxstar 150 STL
            miller maxstar 210
            miller a bp 330
            non blue,
            esab plasma
            victor oxy acy set

Comment

Bad thing is I have a pressure bleeder already. It was a volume problem I guess. The garden sprayer holds a couple gallons easy. The one off the tool truck about a quart. Garden sprayer cost about 35 for everything...I paid 189 for the real deal
              blue stock,
              miller maxstar 150 STL
              miller maxstar 210
              miller a bp 330
              non blue,
              esab plasma
              victor oxy acy set

Comment

To your original question, a friend with a one-man auto repair biz got tired of it and took a job with the city doing maintenance in one of the motor pools. Regular hours, 40 a week, doesn't work too hard, decent pay that comes on time every time, great benefits, no dealing with customers, if you need something to do a job they get it for you, . . . .

Comment

I have a few options, my cousin was the welding instructor at the local community college and has tons of contacts and has a couple of companies that are looking for someone. I have talked to one of them myself and I have lots to consider. I did finally calm down and seems like today went pretty well. I really have it made where I'm at except for the occasional customer wondering into the shop. Were out of the city and most people we deal with are repeat customers that we know pretty good so with an environment like that customers just happen sometimes. I really think I need a good vacation, might chance it and take the willys to the beach for a long weekend pretty soon.
                  blue stock,
                  miller maxstar 150 STL
                  miller maxstar 210
                  miller a bp 330
                  non blue,
                  esab plasma
                  victor oxy acy set

Comment

Working...
                  X