Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruizer
    replied
    I'd be getting the 280 as well. Far higher resale value, and just a better machine by far!

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied
    Just realized the 210dx is 110v compatible. The 280 is not. Something else to consider

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by derrickd View Post
    The machine is at the local distributor, he's checking that stuff now. The story I got was that they prefer something about the 210, so they traded it in. I have a buddy who works for the shop that said it was an excellent machine, no issues. I believe I'm leaning towards getting it.
    From what I have been told.... the software... features & interface on both are IDENTICAL.... the only difference is max amps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7jYeqImVg

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied
    The machine is at the local distributor, he's checking that stuff now. The story I got was that they prefer something about the 210, so they traded it in. I have a buddy who works for the shop that said it was an excellent machine, no issues. I believe I'm leaning towards getting it.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    I would ask why they are selling the Dynasty 280DX..??

If the 280DX is only 2 years old.... Then it should have ONE YEAR of transferable warrantee left.. I would get the serial# & call Miller to check...

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    no-brainer buy the 280

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    started a topic New 210dx vs used 280dx

New 210dx vs used 280dx

I have a chance to buy a used 280dx for about $3000 or less. It was used for 2 years in an aircraft weld shop that has a rep for doing excellent work, and taking care of their machines accordingly. It is in excellent shape and has never had any issues.
    Or I could buy a new 210dx and get the full warranty for an extra $500. I think 200 amps will weld anything I ever want to weld, but then again, who knows, I may need to weld an aluminum head or block someday.
    I probably won't put more than 10hrs a year on either one. Should I be concerned about a used machine?
Working...
X