New 210dx vs used 280dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 210dx vs used 280dx

I have a chance to buy a used 280dx for about $3000 or less. It was used for 2 years in an aircraft weld shop that has a rep for doing excellent work, and taking care of their machines accordingly. It is in excellent shape and has never had any issues.
    Or I could buy a new 210dx and get the full warranty for an extra $500. I think 200 amps will weld anything I ever want to weld, but then again, who knows, I may need to weld an aluminum head or block someday.
    I probably won't put more than 10hrs a year on either one. Should I be concerned about a used machine?

no-brainer buy the 280
    Ryan
    MILLERMATIC 350P w/Bernard BTB300 w/XR-A Python 25'
    MULTIMATIC 200 w/Spoolmate 100 w/TIG w/Wireless pedal
    SPECTRUM 375 X-Treme
    (2) DIGITAL ELITE helmets
    Weld-Mask goggles/hood
    OPTREL e684 helmet
    SMITH torches
    HARRIS torches

Comment

I would ask why they are selling the Dynasty 280DX..??

If the 280DX is only 2 years old.... Then it should have ONE YEAR of transferable warrantee left.. I would get the serial# & call Miller to check...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200DX
      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The machine is at the local distributor, he's checking that stuff now. The story I got was that they prefer something about the 210, so they traded it in. I have a buddy who works for the shop that said it was an excellent machine, no issues. I believe I'm leaning towards getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by derrickd View Post
          The machine is at the local distributor, he's checking that stuff now. The story I got was that they prefer something about the 210, so they traded it in. I have a buddy who works for the shop that said it was an excellent machine, no issues. I believe I'm leaning towards getting it.
          From what I have been told.... the software... features & interface on both are IDENTICAL.... the only difference is max amps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7jYeqImVg

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Just realized the 210dx is 110v compatible. The 280 is not. Something else to consider

Comment

I'd be getting the 280 as well. Far higher resale value, and just a better machine by far!

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                I'd be getting the 280 as well. Far higher resale value, and just a better machine by far!
                Other than amps, anything in specific that makes it better?

Comment

Pretty much night and day tech,.besides the 280 is made for a advanced user, the 210 is made for the beginner.with more automatic functions, however if you have your sight set on a 210, then ask for Miller reconditioned inventory, lots of them on there, significantly less coin. but most have only 2 years of warranty,

Against Miller policy to supply you with any $$ amount, but can supply you with serial #'s. for you to request the machine.
                  Last edited by cruizer; 04-01-2016, 10:34 AM. Reason: can't spell well, and need glasses to see.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                    Pretty much night and day tech,.besides the 280 is made for a advanced user, the 210 is made for the beginner.with more automatic functions, however if you have your sight set on a 210, then ask for Miller reconditioned inventory, lots of them on there, significantly less coin. but most have only 2 years of warranty,

Against Miller policy to supply you with any $$ amount, but can supply you with serial #'s. for you to request the machine.
                    Are we talking DYNASTY 210DX OR SYNCROWAVE 210 here....????????????????

I thought both were DYNASTY machines...
                    Last edited by H80N; 04-01-2016, 10:41 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

I'm looking at dynasty DX's only, I just realized I did not specify Dynasty in the title. I bet cruiser was thinking Synchrowave 210's. A 280dx would clearly be superior to one of them.

Comment

I'm looking at dynasty DX's only, I just realized I did not specify Dynasty in the title. I bet cruiser was thinking Synchrowave 210's. A 280dx would clearly be superior to one of them.
                        Unless I missed something big... Miller Dynasty 210 / 280 DX technology is the same

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_i...s7IfK3oboTaBEA

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

Sorry was thinking Syncrowave, and no while the 210DX basically is the same internally, the programming is somewhat different, and somewhat easier than the 280 to figure out .

It still has automatic functions, which for all intensive purposes is kinda nice,. for the not too technical garage or small shop guy, That syncrowave is also nice machine.

Comment

280dx all the way unless you absolutely absolutely need constant 120V portability. Even then, if you can afford a $3k welder, you can also afford a nice low-THD generator to make that $3k welder as portable as you want.
                            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                            HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to look at the 280dx tomorrow. How many hours on the timer would be considered "heavy use"? Or should I even worry about it? Is it one of those "If it's worked this long, it will work alot longer" or " if it was going to fail, it would have done so already" deals?
                              Last edited by derrickd; 04-03-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X