Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSBWeld
    replied
    Great to hear you're enjoy it! Definitely going to be getting one for myself in the near future and an extra 9100XXi filter lens for my FX PAPR unit. As far as the memory mode, I'm not entirely sure. I'll do some digging and get back to you ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by TSBWeld View Post
    I know everyone has their own opinion and they may not all feel the same way I do, but, I have a 9100XX for myself and bought a brand new 9100XXi for my brother for Christmas, and I have to say, the difference is unbelievable! The colors and clarity is second to none! We get a lot of our subcontractors to try it when they come into our shop, just to see their reaction. I swipe it from him to use for myself when he's in a meeting or in the office working on a QC report.
    TSBWeld, I really like the new XXi. It really is an improvement in color and clarity. I can get the thing to switch to grinding mode with the external button but, the instructions do not outline how to program the memory mode. How on earth do you do that?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce83
    replied
    If anyone is interested 3M has some upgrade deals on the 9100XXi lens. 1 yr warranty $214 and 2 yr warranty $306 with $15 for push button lens cover (3 yr warranty comes standard at a cost of around $400). If this sounds good call 3M at 1-800-328-1667, then push 3, then push 1. The only problem is that as of last week back order was 2 to 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Unfortunately...no. Dang it.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Just couldn't make it happen this year. Might go along as spectators though since I got my hands on an RV.....Buuutttt....we are starting to work on a different car....a "real" one this time.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Smells like...victory...
    Didja enter...???

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Smells like...victory...

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by H80N View Post
    3M has a Contest to give one away

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/safety-us...100xxi/#bottom

3M™ Speedglas™ Auto-Darkening Filter Kit 9100XXi
    You know Speedlgas helps see your work more clearly.
    Now you have a rare opportunity to win a 3M™ Adflo™ PAPR with 3M™ Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100-Air Respiratory Welding Helmet System with 9100XXi ADF.
    Sign up now for your chance to win the premiere 3M respiratory welding helmet system with our newest lens technology.
    Next drawing to be held on May 31, 2016. Winner announced on June 2, 2016

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/safety-us/speedglas-9100xxi/

I signed up, thanks h80!

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Haha. I'm more then confident you won't have to get on my case. If you liked the 9100XX then you'll love the XXi. Look forward to your review!
    I'm confident that I will like it as much as Ryan likes race gas in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    3M has a Contest to give one away

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/safety-us...100xxi/#bottom

3M™ Speedglas™ Auto-Darkening Filter Kit 9100XXi
    You know Speedlgas helps see your work more clearly.
    Now you have a rare opportunity to win a 3M™ Adflo™ PAPR with 3M™ Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100-Air Respiratory Welding Helmet System with 9100XXi ADF.
    Sign up now for your chance to win the premiere 3M respiratory welding helmet system with our newest lens technology.
    Next drawing to be held on May 31, 2016. Winner announced on June 2, 2016

http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/safety-us/speedglas-9100xxi/

Leave a comment:

• TSBWeld
    replied
    Haha. I'm more then confident you won't have to get on my case. If you liked the 9100XX then you'll love the XXi. Look forward to your review!

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    I know everyone has their own opinion and they may not all feel the same way I do, but, I have a 9100XX for myself and bought a brand new 9100XXi for my brother for Christmas, and I have to say, the difference is unbelievable! The colors and clarity is second to none! We get a lot of our subcontractors to try it when they come into our shop, just to see their reaction. I swipe it from him to use for myself when he's in a meeting or in the office working on a QC report.
    This is exactly the assurance I was looking for. Personal experience! I just pulled the trigger on one. If it sucks, I hold you responsible.....just hackin' on ya. Thanks for your take on it.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    talk about adding insult to injury! But...she deserves a steak dinner for that one.
    She kinda does deserve a steak......I will take her to Outback or Texas Toadhouse and I'll even credit you for the suggestion, brother.

Leave a comment:

• TSBWeld
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    talk about adding insult to injury! But...she deserves a steak dinner for that one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X