2000 bobcat 225nt help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 bobcat 225nt help

Hello, I am working on a 2000 bobcat 225nt. I have it running and idling fine. The 110 outlets are right where they are supposed to be. I cannot get it to strike an arc. I have checked the fuse on the inside of the machine. I tried to trace wires down but cannot read the numbers on all the wires. All wires look to be attached good. Any help would be great

Originally posted by benelli7979 View Post
    Hello, I am working on a 2000 bobcat 225nt. I have it running and idling fine. The 110 outlets are right where they are supposed to be. I cannot get it to strike an arc. I have checked the fuse on the inside of the machine. I tried to trace wires down but cannot read the numbers on all the wires. All wires look to be attached good. Any help would be great
    Serial # .... PLS....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

La035766

Comment

Fuse or fuses as their are 2, never the less, how much AC power do you have? Did you measure it?

Comment

Checked the fuse under the top cover and the one by the starter. I had 120 at all 4 receptacles

Comment

What did you really have at the aux terminals, wasn't 120

Comment

Is there any open circuit voltage, measured in DC volts

Comment

At the 110 recpticals I had 118 volts and 220 at the big plug. No dc voltage at the welding lead output.

Comment

It's like the generator part is fine but the welding part isn't working

Comment

Any help on what to test next would be great. Thanks

Comment

I've been reading this thread and wondering where you are metering dc current ? When I get home today I will try to meter my bobcat at the + and - post and at the stinger and ground.

Would I just measure in Dc with a mm ?

Comment

Ok I got 71 dc volts in run and 40 on idle at the studs. I believe that's what cruizer is asking you.
                        Also check your dials and make sure there snapped in place. Saw a electric Lincoln one day in between 70 and 85 that wouldn't do nothing until we snapped the dial in place.
                        Last edited by Kpack; 03-28-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I wasn't measuring at the + and - studs I was measuring ac voltage at the plugin 110 outlets. I measured dc voltage at the ground and stinger studs and got zero volts

Comment

Originally posted by Kpack View Post
                            Ok I got 71 dc volts in run and 40 on idle at the studs. I believe that's what cruizer is asking you.
                            Also check your dials and make sure there snapped in place. Saw a electric Lincoln one day in between 70 and 85 that wouldn't do nothing until we snapped the dial in place.
                            What do you mean " Snapped the Dial in place ?

Norm
                            www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by benelli7979 View Post
                              I wasn't measuring at the + and - studs I was measuring ac voltage at the plugin 110 outlets. I measured dc voltage at the ground and stinger studs and got zero volts
                              Oh, Oh - Zero ? Wow - There's a problem somewhere.
                              Mind you I'm not a welder tech., but that don't sound good !

Norm
                              www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X