Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best gas powered machine to power inverters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xryan
    replied
    I second the motion that pretty any properly tuned generator is going to be fine to use a modern red/blue/yellow/green etc inverter welder off of. If it's within the voltage and frequency requirements it's going to run like it should.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Originally posted by old jupiter View Post
    Lincoln promotes their "twisted rotors" as being better for powering inverters. I take it you aren't buying that, Cruizer?

I call B.S. on that one. Scope results are not smooth, whether its a Miller or Lincoln. Just a hairy beast sine wave. Now the ONLY welder I know, rather knew of, was the Thermal Arc Predator/T-bird. This was a true sine wave welder. And would have made a fantastic generator and lasted forever, however it was marketed as a welder, thus almost all of them blew up their micro wound and impossible to rewind generators

Leave a comment:

• old jupiter
    replied
    Lincoln promotes their "twisted rotors" as being better for powering inverters. I take it you aren't buying that, Cruizer?

Leave a comment:

• BoilerhouseGuy
    replied
    Griff, I'm in the metro Atlanta area and work all over Georgia working on boilers. Thanks for the tip and I'll try to add some info to my profile.

Leave a comment:

• BoilerhouseGuy
    replied
    H80N , I have had good luck with trailblazers in the past. It's on my short lists .
    MeltedMetal, The Ranger I'm using doesn't seem to pick up the power demand and adjust rpm correctly with the inverters.Often I get a power fault and the welder I'm running shuts down.
    Last edited by BoilerhouseGuy; 03-27-2016, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by BoilerhouseGuy View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for the best gas powered machine that will deliver constant clean power to run inverters on while in the field?
    I just noticed your user name. I worked 5 1/2 years in the Power House (boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers) a few years ago.
    Just a note to you and others, especially new guys. if you will put your general location in your profile, often times you will get a little more help.
    Especially if someone lives in your area.

HTH
    Griff
    Last edited by griff01; 03-28-2016, 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    that's cause "the old Ranger' is not running the correct RPM / HZ

Leave a comment:

• Meltedmetal
    replied
    I have had problems with an old Ranger and looking to replace it. I am running a Lincoln 150 , Miller max star and Lincoln 210 MP.
    What problems did you have?---Meltedmetal

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    True as I said, they for the most park are not true inverters so any kind of power source will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• BoilerhouseGuy
    replied
    I have had problems with an old Ranger and looking to replace it. I am running a Lincoln 150 , Miller max star and Lincoln 210 MP.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Does anyone have a recommendation for the best gas powered machine that will deliver constant clean power to run inverters on while in the field?
    I ran a Dynasty 200DX (Inverter Welder) off of a TrailBlazer 301G for several years.... no probs or issues.....
    Last edited by H80N; 03-23-2016, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Tough call, and would depend on the type of inverter and purpose. 99% of the welder inverters are not true inverters so won't care much, an industrial critical inverter will require a true sign wave type of generator. Not going to find a welder around anymore that has that.

Leave a comment:

• Whats the best gas powered machine to power inverters?

Working...
X