Maxstar STH and STL parts compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxstar STH and STL parts compatible?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping somebody could help me. I have a maxstar STH that needs new main board. I would like to take the arc starter (high freq) out of the STH and put it into my STL, I have opened both machines and everything looks the same the STL has all the mounts and wiring spots for the high freq board so im thinking i could just swap all the goodies from the STH into my STL.
    Any input and/or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    DYNASTY 200DX
    MAXSTAR 150STL
    MAXSTAR 150STH
    MILLERMATIC 252 WITH SPOOLMATE 100
    SMARTIG 200P AC/DC
    LINCOLN SQUAREWAVE 175
    HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 1000 G3
    OXY/ACET
    MILLER DIGITAL ELITE

Does anybody know anything about these maxstars like whether or not this is possible? Has this ever been attempted before? Anything i should know before i attempt it?

DYNASTY 200DX
    MAXSTAR 150STL
    MAXSTAR 150STH
    SMARTIG 200P AC/DC
    LINCOLN SQUAREWAVE 175
    OXY/ACET
    MILLER DIGITAL ELITE

Comment

Hi, Ryan.regis. Sorry I don't know anything about those machines but I'm sure there must be someone here who does. You might try calling Miller - they are great at phone support - but you may be going beyond what they are likely to support by crossing between machines. However, it can't hurt to ask. Have both machines serial numbers ready and give them a try at 920-734-9821.

Comment

All that is different is the programming from the front 2 boards and the HF capability. Thats about it.

Comment

Thanks for the response Aeronca41 i appreciate the input.
          Cruizer Thanks too. Do you think it will work if i use the face and the arc start board from the sth? Also What part does the pulsing?
          Thanks again guys.
          DYNASTY 200DX
          MAXSTAR 150STL
          MAXSTAR 150STH
          SMARTIG 200P AC/DC
          LINCOLN SQUAREWAVE 175
          OXY/ACET
          MILLER DIGITAL ELITE

Comment

Be sure to let us know how you make out with this swap. Anxious to hear.

Comment

Working...
            X