X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    It's a KY model 4kw Onan. It is under warranty still. <br />
    <br />
    ...soup to nuts eh? But do they have tires?
    The longest I've heard of a ky running was on the onan oil. I would stay with it while under warranty.

Comment

It's a KY model 4kw Onan. It is under warranty still. <br />
      <br />
      ...soup to nuts eh? But do they have tires?
      Tires - Yes, Ryan they do.
      It's similar I think to the American Lowes stores.
      Just about anything you can think of, for the home, office, work shop, automotive & etc., etc.
      www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the Onan. I put the Onan oil in it yesterday and probably stick with it at least until I understand all the oil ins and outs.

I've been up to Canada a few times, never made it to a Canadian tire though. Loved the Tim Hortons coffee though!

I've owned a few onans in the past and this is the first one without an oil filter, I was actually sort of surprised.
        Last edited by ryanjones2150; 03-29-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

This thread is livng proof a guy ca study till his eyes bleed and still not know much more than he started out with. TSC has had the best deal lately on T6, put it in and forget about it, learning everything about oil thru a month of study and it would have been cheaper to replace it, not that it likely makes all that much difference.

Comment

I listen to what cruizer says because he sees the inside of engines that he services and ones that someone else serviced , so he knows which oil works best.
            Now the engine oil people won't tell you all of what they see and a generator or lawn mower tech wont go through there engines usually they just sell them because it cost to much to fix them but a welder generator engine may be worth fixing so cruizer gets to see a lot of insides.
            Last edited by Kpack; 03-31-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I certainly value the knowledge from this forum. Dang sure can't get an explanation of the difference between rotella T6 and T5 from the dingdong at the parts house. I'm gonna have to run over to tractor supply and see if they still have some then. I run SAE 30 in the rest of my power equipment, so I switched to that VR1 that H80N mentioned in the beginning of this thread. The parts house I frequent stocks it regularly, so that makes it convenient.

Comment

I certainly value the knowledge from this forum. Dang sure can't get an explanation of the difference between rotella T6 and T5 from the dingdong at the parts house. I'm gonna have to run over to tractor supply and see if they still have some then. I run SAE 30 in the rest of my power equipment, so I switched to that VR1 that H80N mentioned in the beginning of this thread. The parts house I frequent stocks it regularly, so that makes it convenient.
                Ryan;

TSC., just has the T5, not the Synthetic T6 on sale here in Ontario.
                The T6 Syn. oil is what I'm going to use from now on.

Norm
                www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X