Old Miller info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Miller info needed

I need some info on this machine. I'm guessing it's from the 70's? It's got less than 50 hrs use lifetime. It needs to serve as my garage welder for a couple months. I need service manuals, user manuals, schematics, any info at all that I can find. I'm not even sure how to tell what year it is. If anyone can help me out, please reply. If u need more info just let me know. The machine is here with me. I'm guessing I just take the cover off, blow it out real good and attempt to hook it up to power. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Blademaker View Post
    I need some info on this machine. I'm guessing it's from the 70's? It's got less than 50 hrs use lifetime. It needs to serve as my garage welder for a couple months. I need service manuals, user manuals, schematics, any info at all that I can find. I'm not even sure how to tell what year it is. If anyone can help me out, please reply. If u need more info just let me know. The machine is here with me. I'm guessing I just take the cover off, blow it out real good and attempt to hook it up to power. Any help greatly appreciated.
    If you would like to download a manual for your Miller Thunderbolt..... plug in your serial number here

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Tried it and I guess my welder pre dates manuals? Serial number is CG 18659. I can't even find CG listed in the year chart. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Could you post some clearer pics of the front panel...??

plus model number/name
        Last edited by H80N; 03-09-2016, 03:48 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Here you go
          Attached Files

Comment

Serial number
            Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully better quality this time...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaker View Post
                Hopefully better quality this time...
                How about we try again...?? this time the whole front panel.... & Data plate.......

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

This forum won't allow me to upload the full size photos. I can text to a cell or email them if you can't see them. Otherwise this seems to be the best it gets here. Unless I'm missing something.
                  Here's one last set of photos. The only writing anywhere is the front plate (pictured). Serial number is there. Only other markings is the liquid air sticker on top.
                  I researched this welder once before, unsuccessfully, as I have had the machine a few years but haven't had to use this one until now. I seem to recall something about using the design details of the Miller logo on the side of the machine to help identify which year the machine is. But now I can't seem to find that information on the logo changes and years in which they took place.
                  Once again, any help in determining the year or any wiring schematics or manuals is greatly appreciated. Really any knowledge at all on the background of this machine is appreciated. Gotta be someone out there with the same one. Somewhere.

Comment

From what I am gathering... this is a Thunderbolt 225 built for the Candien market

At this point I woul call them at 920-734-9821 Explain the situation and give them the serial number CG 18659

They can probably email the correct manual to you...

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

The serial number is a little different because the unit is a Canadian model. The CG serial number shows it was built in 1969 and it is basically the same a Miller M-225. I have a pdf of the OM but it is to big to put on here, if you send me an e-mail or PM me your e-mail address I would be happy to send it out to you.

[email protected]

Kevin
                      Kevin Schuh
                      Service Technician
                      Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Kevin View Post
                        The serial number is a little different because the unit is a Canadian model. The CG serial number shows it was built in 1969 and it is basically the same a Miller M-225. I have a pdf of the OM but it is to big to put on here, if you send me an e-mail or PM me your e-mail address I would be happy to send it out to you.

[email protected]

Kevin
                        Thanks Kevin. I have sent you an email. Look forward to receiving the manual.
                        I wired it in to my clothes dryer outlet on a 60 amp breaker almost all to itself. It's a temporary solution but it still humms like it should. Haven't cranked it up. Burned an ac 3/32 18 better than the newer Lincoln tombstones I have used. When I opened it up I was pleased with how simple the design of the inside is. No bells and whistles. Just what's needed.
                        Thanks all for your help.

Comment

Glad that Kevin could help you out....

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                          X