Dynasty 210dx power cord length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 210dx power cord length

I have a Dynasty 210dx. I have a side job to do outside this weekend. What the longest power cord I can use on this machine? I know that you drop amperage the futher out you go. Also, how long can I make the stinger lead? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure the distance but it's in a apartment complex so I'm sure that there is a plug around. Can you run the machine off gas machines/generator?

Originally posted by BOBBYLEE View Post
    I have a Dynasty 210dx. I have a side job to do outside this weekend. What the longest power cord I can use on this machine? I know that you drop amperage the futher out you go. Also, how long can I make the stinger lead? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure the distance but it's in a apartment complex so I'm sure that there is a plug around. Can you run the machine off gas machines/generator?
    Extension length depends... on wire gauge of the extension and your input voltage...(120/240)

stinger length is dependant on gauge & max amperage

Both are in the manual

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...70536C_MIL.pdf
    Last edited by H80N; 03-08-2016, 12:50 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Alright, I found the information on the cord lengths. Couldn't really understand if I can run it off a generator... Thanks

Comment

Alright, I found the information on the cord lengths. Couldn't really understand if I can run it off a generator... Thanks
        It would depend on the generator.... some are OK.... others might blow it up....

sorry I cannot be more specific.....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

What's the longest leads people are running on the Dynasty 210dx? My contractor kit came with 15'..

Comment

What's the longest leads people are running on the Dynasty 210dx? My contractor kit came with 15'..
            You could run 100ft of 1/0 (or larger) welding lead...

See Section 5-3. Selecting Cable Sizes* ... page #26 of the PDF

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...70536C_MIL.pdf

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

It would depend on the generator.... some are OK.... others might blow it up....

sorry I cannot be more specific.....
              I've seen so many dynasty's grenade I've been afraid to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShieldArc View Post

I've seen so many dynasty's grenade I've been afraid to buy one.
                Really..?? that's unusual

The problems I have seen are caused by crappy chinese generators... not the Dynasty

I have run mine off of an old Homelite 5kw & Trailblazer 301G... for many years... Zero Issues
                Last edited by H80N; 03-14-2016, 09:17 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

So H80N, you also have a Dynasty that you run off a generator? What model do you have? I emailed Miller over the weekend and asked what size generator I needed and they said a 9kw. I'm guessing that's 9000 watt. I'm calling them just to clear that up. I don't want to take a chance on $3,500 bucks.

Comment

My Dynasty 200 has been run off of my Trailblazer 280NT (has an 8 KW generator) a few times. Works great. Miller said "no problem" when I asked, and they were obviously correct-no issues. (You are correct in your guess--1KW = 1Kilowatt=1,000 Watts). I have not run the Dynasty at its full 200 amps on the generator but it's worked fine in the 100-150 A range. I would NOT hook it to the cheap Chinese generators-too many bucks at stake.

Comment

So H80N, you also have a Dynasty that you run off a generator? What model do you have? I emailed Miller over the weekend and asked what size generator I needed and they said a 9kw. I'm guessing that's 9000 watt. I'm calling them just to clear that up. I don't want to take a chance on $3,500 bucks.

Comment

My Dyn 200DX has been run off of the old Homelite genset & TB301G...

My Blue Stuff:
                        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Millermatic 200

Comment

What wattage are they?

Comment

What wattage are they?
                            the TB301G was 10KW (I sold it about a year back)

Homelite 5KW "Voltamatic" genset powered Dyn 200DX at reduced output TIG (approx 150amps)

My Blue Stuff:
                            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                            Dynasty 200DX
                            Millermatic 200

Comment

Yes 9kw equals 9000 watts. I've run my Dynasty 200 off my Bobcat 225 several times with no issues.
                              The "need" for a 9kw is for maximum output of the Dynasty. As long as the voltage is correct you are ok with less generator output.

Griff

Comment

Working...
                              X