Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Training Video - TIG - Bob Rizzetto

Hi,

I did some searching here; but, I didn't come up with any hits, so I thought I would post up a new thread.

I would like to view the TIG video that Bob Rizzetto did, and that is now part of the ATI welding course. I viewed a MIG video and a couple of gas videos that the previous owner of my Hobart welder had. I liked the way Bob presented the information.

I have searched online for an individual DVD that I could purchase; but, the only thing that I found was for the entire course at a price of almost $1,000. There's a lot of good information; but, that's not in my budget for training at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows where I can find that video.

Thanks,

Jeff

Have you tried contacting ATI directly...??

http://atitradeschools.com/sitemap.htm

In any event there are a pile of excellent free TIG training videos online

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ing+techniques

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Hi H80N,

Those are both great suggestions. When I first bought the MIG I watched several different videos. For some reason the one ATI had with Bob were pretty straight forward, so when I started planning for TIG, I thought it would be a good start.

I will contact them to see if they will sell the TIG portion of the course only.

I have watched a number of videos online and agree that there's a lot of great information.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

In my opinion the BEST youtube TIG videos are by

Jody/weldingtipsandtricks https://www.youtube.com/user/welding...dtricks/videos

and by Andy Weyenberg/ Miller

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ller+weyenberg

and if you want some REAL inspiration take a look at John Marcella, owner of Marcella Manifolds...
        he elevates TIG to an artform

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...cella+manifold
        Last edited by H80N; 03-06-2016, 10:42 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Hey H80N,

Thanks again.

I have watched quite a few of the weldingtipsandtricks videos in the past. I'll take a look at Andy's, too.

I've heard how difficult TIG is to really get good at. Not sure at 60 this is a skill I'll get good at. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I appreciate the help.

(I was going to post a question in a separate thread; but, if you have an opinion it would be good to hear from you. I was told that a wireless foot pedal is important. I bought a Diversion 180 several years ago and it came with a wired pedal. For the price of the wireless types, it's tough to justify unless it would make the learning process much easier. Any thoughts?)

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff2013 View Post
            Hey H80N,

Thanks again.

I have watched quite a few of the weldingtipsandtricks videos in the past. I'll take a look at Andy's, too.

I've heard how difficult TIG is to really get good at. Not sure at 60 this is a skill I'll get good at. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I appreciate the help.

(I was going to post a question in a separate thread; but, if you have an opinion it would be good to hear from you. I was told that a wireless foot pedal is important. I bought a Diversion 180 several years ago and it came with a wired pedal. For the price of the wireless types, it's tough to justify unless it would make the learning process much easier. Any thoughts?)

Thanks,

Jeff
            Jeff

IMHO a wireless pedal is a convenience not a requirement...... I still have not found a need to spend that kind of money for that convenience...
            maybe when the prices drop a little.. I would get one....
            NOT that I find fault with them... I know several guys that own & love them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

BTW..... Haven't you heard...?? 60 is the new 30.... lots of new tricks left in old dogs

TIG is NOT really difficult.... it just requires... little bit of rythm... a LOT of Cleanliness....

Using 2% Lanthanated Tungsten (BLUE)...

And the understanding of the basics...

https://www.millerwelds.com/~/media/...s/gtawbook.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 03-06-2016, 01:01 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Hi H80N,

I don't think of myself as old... the thing I miss most about my earlier years when it comes to learning skills like this is better eyesight. Thank goodness for cheaters!

I've read a lot of the debates on tungsten type... Lanthanated or Thoriated. Seems a lot of experienced welders prefer the Thoriated in spite of their slight radioactive properties.

Thanks for the Miller link, too.

Take Care,

Jeff

Comment

Your Diversion is an inverter machine...... "RED" Thoriated is OK for DC TIG....

BUT.... you want "BLUE" 2% Lanthanated for AC TIG....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpanERwagaU

"BLUE" can be used "All Around"...... in your case 3/32... 2% Lanthanated could be the only Tung you need to buy

properly taper ground and blunted...

http://www.diamondground.com/TungstenGuidebook2013.pdf

I would not be afraid of the "RED".... but it would not be my first choice for AC Aluminum

http://www.diamondground.com/thoriat...-discontinued/

Last edited by H80N; 03-07-2016, 08:07 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

H80N,

Thanks again for the feedback. This is a great way to learn some of the basics.

Take Care,

Jeff

Comment

Any luck in getting that individual video..??

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 200

Comment

Hi H80N,

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                        Any luck in getting that individual video..??
                        Thanks for following up. The short answer is, no. I was hoping I might have a lead on one of the ATI courses from someone's estate; but, not sure it will happen.

ATI has not responded to my message.

As you pointed out, there are a lot of great videos online. I have viewed quite a few. Great information. There are still a lot to go through, and I'm learning quite a bit from them. I may just go this route.

Thanks for checking in.

Take Care,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X