used syncrowave 250 value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used syncrowave 250 value

I'm going to look at a used syncrowave 250 in the next day or so, and was wondering if anyone had a sense of going prices. Serial # LB058208 stock # 903765. Seller is asking 3k. There is much still to find out about it.. whats included etc, but it does have the integrated cooler, and a really beat up ol torch. Not sure about gas bottle yet, but i have a few of those.

I paid $800 for mine about 5-6 years ago. It was an older model, was filthy, guaranteed to work but I was unable to test it out before the sale. How bad do you need it? It sounds a little expensive to me. They are great machines but are power hungry.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J 649 View Post
      I'm going to look at a used syncrowave 250 in the next day or so, and was wondering if anyone had a sense of going prices. Serial # LB058208 stock # 903765. Seller is asking 3k. There is much still to find out about it.. whats included etc, but it does have the integrated cooler, and a really beat up ol torch. Not sure about gas bottle yet, but i have a few of those.
      Sounds a bit high to me. Also, and this is personal, I do not like the integrated cooler. My second 250 had the integrated cooler. I stumbled into an opportunity to sell it at a premium and sold it. I replaced it with a SyncroWave 350.

HTH
      Griff

Comment

Thanks MMW and griff01. It does seem pricy but it looks to be similar to models from the mid to late 1990's, so not too old. So griff01, what's the drawback to the integrated cooler? Another shop near me has a big dynasty 350 with integrated cooler (amazing machine, I've used it quite a bit) and one drawback i can think is that there doesn't seem to be a way to run it without the cooler running. A lot of low amp dc work would be nice to do without running the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J 649 View Post
          Thanks MMW and griff01. It does seem pricy but it looks to be similar to models from the mid to late 1990's, so not too old. So griff01, what's the drawback to the integrated cooler? Another shop near me has a big dynasty 350 with integrated cooler (amazing machine, I've used it quite a bit) and one drawback i can think is that there doesn't seem to be a way to run it without the cooler running. A lot of low amp dc work would be nice to do without running the cooler.
          I don't like the idea of a water tank and hoses being inside an electrical cabinet. Also, I am 6'2" and the model I had (2002?) was so short I had to bend over to see the panel. Not a big deal I just didn't like it.

Griff

Comment

Ha. Well that height issue can't be argued with. I don't share your problem at 5' 9". I get what you mean about the water in the cabinet concept. Its funny you should say that because that same unit i referred to above (the dynasty 350) recently sprung a leak. Its just outside the machine where the torch connects, but seeing that little puddle on the floor kinda makes you think.

Comment

That seems very high to me, too. Mine was fully loaded and less than $1000. It's a great machine.

A new Syncrowave 210 is $2750 or so with a free MIG expansion kit. Not sure if that is enough amps, but something to consider before paying that much for a older, used machine.​
              Burt
              Miller Thunderbolt XL
              http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

Comment

Could someone tell me, can't get a straight answer from my welding elders, I bought a syncrowave 250, from 2000 - 2001, works great, haven't had it over 200amps, got a great deal on it, Im a small fabricator, and this is a Cadillac compared to the **** Ive had to use/afford prior. Such a good deal, Ive been leary of the purchase, even though it was from a reputable gas/consumables supplier, 45 day warranty just expired. Was runnin it on stick last friday, smelled some hot wires or burning dust inside the machine.
                Took it apart, and noticed the fan was not running under load, or that I actually never noticed it running before-over the hum of the water cooler. Ive gotten varying opinions on whether it's fan on demand/thermostat controlled, and that the fan is supposed to be running as soon as the switch is on. Its 2000 -2001. Can anybody say with certainty which one it is ? Appreciate it. GEORGE

Comment

Originally posted by georgejhindley.com View Post
                  Could someone tell me, can't get a straight answer from my welding elders, I bought a syncrowave 250, from 2000 - 2001, works great, haven't had it over 200amps, got a great deal on it, Im a small fabricator, and this is a Cadillac compared to the **** Ive had to use/afford prior. Such a good deal, Ive been leary of the purchase, even though it was from a reputable gas/consumables supplier, 45 day warranty just expired. Was runnin it on stick last friday, smelled some hot wires or burning dust inside the machine.
                  Took it apart, and noticed the fan was not running under load, or that I actually never noticed it running before-over the hum of the water cooler. Ive gotten varying opinions on whether it's fan on demand/thermostat controlled, and that the fan is supposed to be running as soon as the switch is on. Its 2000 -2001. Can anybody say with certainty which one it is ? Appreciate it. GEORGE
                  Serial Number...??... Can't tell much without it...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thanks guys for the opinions on the original topic. Ive got nothing against the sync 210 option (except that i did have an early inverter, maxstar 140 and it died a fairly early death) , i used a 210 not long ago and thought it ran well. But this doesn't help gain a key feature - a water cooler, that I'm really hoping to get along with a used tig. As Im doing more aluminum work now, I'm seeing fewer and fewer routes around the problem. I've seen 3 different syncrowave 250 w under mounted coolers & carts (or "runner packages" i guess they are called) go up on craigslist in the last week each for a minium 3200. I think i need to start looking in a different area. 150 mile radius from nyc is not doing it.

Comment

I got a clean but older Sync 250 bare-bones about 5 years back for $850. Couldn't test it but could return it. Worked fine, though the HF went on the blink recently. Maybe have $1,400 into it with a nice used Coolmate 3 and accessories.
                      Miller stuff:
                      Dialarc 250 (1974)
                      Syncrowave 250 (1992)
                      Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Comment

Thanks for that USMCPOP. I just picked up a used sync 250 dx with the under mounted cooler, cart, #20 torch, and even a full argon bottle, pedal, and spare helmet. More than i wanted to spend at 3500, but the machine is from 2008 according to the miller serial chart and seems in really good shape. It does't have any of the optional controls.. pulser etc. but i think thats the way the "runner package" comes. A bit off topic, but as for the hours on the machine I'm trying to understand the info that comes up and how to read it. According to the manual, when you start up holding the "amperage" and "output" buttons while powering up the displays will first show the "software number" and "revision" for the first seven seconds, then the arc time and cycle count.
                        The three images attached show what comes up upon powering on, what is next, and what is after that. I guess that means the software is version 83, the time is 4 hours and 1 minute, and there have been 1863 cycles. Could this be right? Only 4 hours on a machine from 2008?
                        Last edited by Andrew J 649; 03-20-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X