Miller aead200le

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller aead200le

Hello recently I purchased this it runs pretty good now that I replaced the coil with two car coils .the problem I am having is a diode burned up on the right side behind the access panel with my meter I checked the power of the left wire not running ignition on it read. 15 volts on the right wire it read 50 volts running this is at idle ac power plugs work great dc doesn't work to good is this dc circuit part of the charging circuit for the battery ?i would like to find a replacement diode locally maybe radio shack ?I have also a propane / gasoline carb on this marvel schebler v85 it currently runs on propane but would like to convert to gasoline but need help finding a gas tank and strap any ideas ?Thanks for your help serial# is jc 624918

Does anybody have any info on this machine that could help with the diode issue ?tganks Darrin

Comment

Do you have a manual for it? I tried looking one up with your ser no and got no hits. I'm sure if you call Miller at 920-734-9821 they can send you a manual which will include a schematic diagram. I was unable to find a manual online for my ancient MM200 and they emailed one to me within an hour after I called. Parts are available at miller4less.com. Not sure if you will be able to find specs for a generic repl diode or not.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I have a early universal manual but the wiring schematic is pretty vague on there diode placement I will contact miller and see what I can find thanks Darrin

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
          Thanks for the reply I have a early universal manual but the wiring schematic is pretty vague on there diode placement I will contact miller and see what I can find thanks Darrin
          There have been MANY iterations & versions of these machines....

So..... a "Universal" manual is unlikely to have the correct schematic and parts list... Each version is different

Why not go to where Aeronca41 suggested and get the right one...?? it might simplify things....

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Heck... the PDF download is free..

FWIW... there are 19 distinct and different versions of the manual for this model

BTW... if the blown diode has a number printed on it... they can usually be cross referenced for equiv parts.... Miller tended to use off the shelf parts with mfr numbers ...no secret part numbers....

Just post the number and one of us can probably cross it.... "1NXX??"...???
          Last edited by H80N; 02-27-2016, 04:41 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

The diode doesn't have anything left it melted completely so s.o.l. 0n the part # don't worry I didn't overlook Aeronca41 post .Darrin

Comment

This looks like it should be the correct book for your JC624918 serial#

can you ident that diode in this parts book..?? (in the back)

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O411L_MIL.pdf
              Last edited by H80N; 02-27-2016, 06:08 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

Looks like the bottom one on the parts list 3a1000v just need to find one of those and a gas tank and straps

Comment

Originally posted by D Auger View Post
                  Looks like the bottom one on the parts list 3a1000v just need to find one of those and a gas tank and straps
                  Try one of these
                  1N5408 Rectifier Diode 3A 1000V

http://www.amazon.com/1N5408-Rectifi.../dp/B0009XSN02

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 200

Comment

Thanks for the help gonna order some tonight should do the trick !!

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting hits on manuals from serial numbers on the Miller site? The last four SNs I've entered return "not found" or something like that. But when I search by name I can find the right SN range manual. I'm using iphone 4. Is it just me?

Comment

I had the same problem then searched by name it went through.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
                          Anyone else having trouble getting hits on manuals from serial numbers on the Miller site? The last four SNs I've entered return "not found" or something like that. But when I search by name I can find the right SN range manual. I'm using iphone 4. Is it just me?
                          Not just you....I often have to look by SN range...

(BTW... I'm running an old PC with Win-XP)

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 200

Comment

I love Windows XP.

Comment

XP forever. Workin' fine for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X