miller aead 200-LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller aead 200-LE

I have a Miller with onan motor. Was a basket of parts project I purchased. I put everything back together. Got it tuned up, carburetor rebuilt and have it running great! I smelled an electrical smell the second time I ran it. I had tried the 115volt twin outlet and it worked fine. Had not tested the single 115volt outlet yet and Did not try the electrode yet. I Pulled the side panel as a (coil) looking thing was red hot in one spot. I suppose its possible one of the wires should not be plugged into this resisitor. One part of it was turning red hot. So I am scared to do anything more with it. I had not messed with any of these wires when I put back together. Were already plugged into the resisitor. The toggles for start and run were pretty self explanatory and work correctly. Here is the machine I have. The part that got red hot was part 23 shown in the diagram. It is called a dual adjustable 180 watt 12ohm. Perhaps I should find a diagram if anyone has one and double check the #'s on each wire. Only one part of the two rolls was glowing red. I take it I will need to replace the entire thing.

Hope this helps front resistor top spade empty middle wire # 25 bottom # 24 next resister to right top two spades two wires labeled 33 middle is wire 26 bottom spade empty .Im trying to locate a gas tank and straps were did you get your parts ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a ton. I have the resistor out. Waiting for the new one. I took inventory of the wires that are all unplugged. Kind of hard to make some of the #'s out. I have wire 24&25 that are zip tied together. Then I have wire 88&33 which are plugged together into 1 spade with a tag saying 7. #26 all by itself.

​The 115 volt outlet I noted the wire # in case they actually belong to the resistor. looks like #33 is ground #92 on one side and #91 on other side.

I ordered from miller4less.com best price I could find

Comment

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts
        Enter your serial number on here thanks to a fellow member I found my manual here with parts list .

Comment

Double check with the diagram first to be safe I think your model is pretty close to my 1982 model

Comment

Try Bam Manufacturing. The stock tank 015670 is priced to never sell. Well I think it silly to spend $400-$500 on a tank. You can get all sorts of configs really sweet looking and with the clamps and or brackets. I thought of getting one of these because mine looks like it was in a war. Fuel valve missing and a hose clamped twice around the stripped nipple on bottom of tank. Try this link for Bam Tanks. ON ebay the store is bam-manufacturing.

Comment

The diagrams on the manuals I downloaded don't show that resistor and the wire # schematic. I tried all the different years as well to look. Mine also is an 82.

Comment

Thanks for the gas tank options I think i will order one .soon as I get my carb kit and get it running in gasoline well I will order one .

Comment

Hi D. Auger I received the new resistor. Take a look at this photo. I followed your observation of wire# you were kind enough to post for me. Does it appear I have correctly interpreted your description?

Comment

Looks right to me just double check seems to work on
                    My machine haven't tried to weld with mine yet I have to rebuild the carb yet kit came today but at idle it makes 1850 rpm and ac power works well .make sure your slip rings are clean and your brushes within spec I cleaned my slip rings with 220 grit sandpaper worked well and the brushes should be at least a 1/4 or bigger if that helps .

Comment

1/4 inch or bigger on the brushes

Comment

Hey thanks. I will get it all hooked up this weekend.

Comment

Rickinrolling could you give me the inside end cap demensions and out side demensions overall of your gas tank please I'm going to try to fab one up the filler cap location etc would be great too they made these for 40 years and I can't believe know one has one to part with.I guess there all still full of gas welding away lol... Thanks D

Comment

Rickinrolling could you give me the inside end cap demensions and out side demensions overall of your gas tank please I'm going to try to fab one up the filler cap location etc would be great too they made these for 40 years and I can't believe know one has one to part with.I guess there all still full of gas welding away lol... Thanks D

Comment

Any luck with the new resister?

Comment

Working...
                              X