Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welder74
    replied
    Got a chance to spend time with a good weldor today. He was able to get me going much better. Was running 1/8 rods so 1/4 inch metal and that was where the problem was. Switched to 3/32 and it all smoothed out nice.1/8 on 1/4 sure it's possible but much more difficult. Anyone needing some tips on their welding I highly recommend taking the time to get with a pro for a few hours. They can in a few hours show you more than you can learn on your own in weeks posibly months

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    replied
    Just wanted to thank all of the people who take time out of their busy schedule to post replies on this site. Anyone willing to use the search can get a lot of great advice here and it's all because of the great members who are willing to help.

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    replied
    Set to 62.5 as cruiser suggested. Found another thread about setting both fine and coarse settings on the 225 bobcat for 7018 vertical and it is a lot better. Just curious if other bands of 7018 run better than the Hobart on the bobcats

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    replied
    I know many who are much more capable than me do a lot of code work with a bobcat just curious to see if different brands of rods would run better with this welder. I think it is a 2005 model but not sure.

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. The ranger 8 that I had years ago just seemed to have a smoother arc. Will set the frequency of bobcat to 62.5 and see if it helps .may just be me anyway.

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Looking to set your engine on your machine to 62.5 HZ measured at the aulxillary terminals warm engine high idle no load

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    replied
    Had a ranger 8 years ago and seemed to run the Hobart rods much better

Leave a comment:

• welder74
    started a topic Bobcat 225 with Hobart 418

Bobcat 225 with Hobart 418

I am having trouble with vertical 7018.I saw a post here that said bobcat doesn't like these rod any input is appreciated. Sorry if it has been posted before.
Working...
X