Miller Dialarc AC/DC Wire Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Dialarc AC/DC Wire Gun?

The guy I bought the Dialarc off of told me I could run a wire gun off it! Is this so and what model would it be ?
    Thanks

Well,I think the guy told you wrong Bob.Not only would You need a gun,but you would need a feeder to hook the gun to,since your Dialarc is only a powersource.The dialarc is a CC constant current machine and the use of a regular feeder normaly requires a CV constant voltage machine,except possibly when a voltage sensing feeder is used,but these feeders are a little hard to come by used and I dont beleive that the dialarc would be a satisfactory power source for this pourpose.The voltage sensing feeders are more commonly used on engine driven welders.There was a machine in that class that was CV,the Regency 250,but Miller rates your machine for stick only and that's what I would probably reccomend using it for,because the Dialarc is a pretty nice stick machine.

tooldude56

Comment

As always, thanks for the help!

Comment

Actually you can run any feeder off the dialarc, Gas fluxcore wire runs quite nicely off the DC setting on this unit or any other CC power source.

An across the arc feeder like the Lincoln LN-25, Miller or hobart units, even an inexpensive ESAB mobile master will be just fine!

Any 115Vac feeder like a S-52 Miller or LN-7 lincoln can be adapted to run on the dialarc as well, though you won't have contactor control, unless your handy with the electrical side of things and have the ability to install a contactor like the ones found in the across the arc units.

I've modified about 75 of these feeders to run with that style of contactor for shop applications.

Comment

Thanks Cruizer!!
          I'll get the guy at Miller to help me out! I've got a Buddy in Moose Jaw, he checks with me on occasion. It sounds like a great place to live.
          Bob Jones

Comment

Bob, I have a Dial Arc 250HF. Occasionally if the work warrents it I will hook-up my Miller S-32S wire feeder to it and spray Dual Shield wire with it. Works fine. The S-32S is a voltage sensing feeder that will work with both CC and CV welders. Mine has a built-in contactor to control the motor but the welding wire itself is "hot" at all times.
            If you can find a used wire feeder at a good price go for it. If you thinking of buying a new wire feeder for the Dial-Arc, save up a few more bucks and get a dedicated MIG welder.

Comment

general contractor

as new as they come.just bought a miller xmt 300 cc is this a stick only?any suggestions for feeders?just getting started at this i have soo much to learn.i hope this is aok.thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dunc View Post
                as new as they come.just bought a miller xmt 300 cc is this a stick only?any suggestions for feeders?just getting started at this i have soo much to learn.i hope this is aok.thanks!!!
                Voltage sensing feeder only with dual shield wire, on structure or non structural applications.

Comment

contractor

thanks!!!!i'll keep an eye out.any suggestions on a model etc.300/600$ used thanks again!!!

Comment

ESAB Mobilemaster cc/cv. Thermalarc or Hobart Hefty, Miller 8/12 VS, Lincoln LN-15, LN-25/ LN-pro25

Comment

Working...
                    X