Help with TB 325 EFI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TB 325 EFI.

Occasionally it'll idle down less than half of what it should idle at. I shut it down and check the fuel filters and no fuel in them. I take them off, and put back together, fire it up and it'll be fine for a few weeks then do it again. It's only shut off on me once due to summer heat. I want to get this fixed (warranty is up this fall)I don't know if it sounds like a warranty issue, or some simple mods I can do myself. Seems it's starving of fuel. Any ideas what this is? I appreciate the help!

I have seen similar issues with both brakes and cooling systems where the inner layer of hose separates from the outer layer and gets sucked in, choking off the flow. Seems your fuel flow would be too low a rate to cause it but I also thought that about a brake line once. Fuel line is cheap-try replacing it. But, if it's under warranty and you can get Miller to look at I'd sure try that first. Or a bad fuel pump?

Comment

Cause your having problems with the fuel vent solinoid. I remove the fuel cap strap, take a micro drill bit and drill it through the cap, then put the strap back on. This allows constant venting and no it does not affect your warranty. I'm a warranty tech...

Comment

I'll do that and see if it'll help it. Sounds like it should. Thank you. Is there anything I can do to improve the airflow?

Comment

Remove the stupid air sock around the filter helps a lot. A quality motorcycle oil in a lower starting wt is good, like a 5-40, a freer flow oil filter like a ph2835 is best, and NGK BRP5E plugs. You can also use 10-40 Castrol GP motorcycle oil in the summer or 0-40 Rotella in the winter. Has to have lots of zinc and phosphorous to cool engine parts down. Kohler kits are absolutely useless!

Comment

I've been using 10-30, so I'll swap that to 10-40, and been using fleetgaurd lf16108 oil filter. I have 2 left and an oil change soon, maybe I'll just use those up then swap. I took off the cap strap to drill through and found a flat cone shape red piece of rubber that I'm guessing was supposed to vent, it had a real small flat opening that looked to be closed. So I pulled the whole piece of rubber out. Hopefully that'll free up venting much more. I'll run it like this and took off the air sock and see if it acts up again.

Comment

Oil MUST be motorcycle or diesel, NO automotive oil, other than Quakerstate Defy. Yes the cap does not vent unless drilled. There is a electric solinoid that is supposed to vent the tank, if it actually works....

Comment

Ok, I'll swap oil to that. The cap is done so I'll see if it helps the issue I had. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X