MultiMatic 200 connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MultiMatic 200 connection issues

So ive finally been able to use my welder, setup for Tig and something I noticed before starting, I check all connections and turn on gas and machine, I can weld for a bit(with very little cable moving) and when I go to weld again, I get an arc that wont stay on, I check ground and gas and everything is fine, but what I found is that my electrode negative connection was no longer secure, its come lose enough to cause the issue. I retighten and everything works fine and lasts for a bit before it comes lose again.

Is there a trick or something to keep that connection tight all the time? I did notice that I can pull back the rubber sleeve and expose the connection, but not sure if that is recommended to tighten the connection being that is a slot and tab type connection, there is only so much you can turn and lock it into place.

Any suggestions would be great, I don't want this to be a negative thing for me being its my first big welder purchase.

thank you

Are you sticking the dinse connector in and turning it, or just sticking it in and hoping for the best?

Comment

I'm turning the connection until it wont anymore..

Comment

Tough one, guess it's a failed dise connector then, can't see it being a machine terminal. Least wise I've never heard of it,. Nor is it a service memo.

Comment

Can you stick weld without it coming loose on you?

Comment

Not sure if just been more attentive to my setup, but since this original post, i havent really had any more issues, its now become a norm for me to check connections before and during the project to insure its still secure.

Comment

Working...
            X