Buying used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying used?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, hoping to learn how to tig on my home projects.
    I have the chance to buy a Synchrowave 250 with cooler( Miller cooler under machine, model unknown). I would like to know the year on it
    Serial# LC221435
    Stock# 903765-01-1
    Thanks for any help Josh

Originally posted by Jc0379 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, hoping to learn how to tig on my home projects.
    I have the chance to buy a Synchrowave 250 with cooler( Miller cooler under machine, model unknown). I would like to know the year on it
    Serial# LC221435
    Stock# 903765-01-1
    Thanks for any help Josh
    LC221435.... That puts it in the first half of 2002....

Here is the manual

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O359H_MIL.pdf

Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2016, 09:02 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. What is a price range on these? Has everything but bottle, torch is WP-20, paint and sheet metal looks good, usual dust by fans.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. What is a price range on these? Has everything but bottle, torch is WP-20, paint and sheet metal looks good, usual dust by fans.
        pedal...??

see them from $1200-2500 depending on condition and acces
        Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2016, 10:44 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Yes pedal, only thing I didn't see in pictures was arc lead. Thanks for the help

Comment

Figured I'd post an update, I passed on the first one I posted about, looked very well used ( production setting) and am now the proud owner of a 2008 SW 250DX with cooler, wp20 torch and amp track finger control. This one was bought new, used by a hobbiest and still looks new. Should serve me well for a long time. Already burned a few beads and I'm amazed with how quiet tig is!

Comment

Figured I'd post an update, I passed on the first one I posted about, looked very well used ( production setting) and am now the proud owner of a 2008 SW 250DX with cooler, wp20 torch and amp track finger control. This one was bought new, used by a hobbiest and still looks new. Should serve me well for a long time. Already burned a few beads and I'm amazed with how quiet tig is!
              Sounds like you found the right one...!!! Congrats...

What are your project plans..?? are you new to TIG...??

My Blue Stuff:
              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
              Dynasty 200DX
              Millermatic 200

Comment

I need one. Anything affordable with hf

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post

Sounds like you found the right one...!!! Congrats...

What are your project plans..?? are you new to TIG...??
                  Completely new to TIG, but have used stick and MIG for a long time. Definitely more time on stick but since I started my CJ-7 project it's all been MIG. I wanted to get into tig for the cleanliness and the ability to weld aluminum when the time comes. My plan is to practice until I get proficient enough to fab up bumpers and eventually a roll cage.
                  I'm fortunate enough to have a customer (that I just built a home for and is now a good friend) , that is a machinist and fabricator by trade to help me when I need it. He's been in it for a little over 35yrs and has a ton of knowledge on anything metal.

Comment

Completely new to TIG, but have used stick and MIG for a long time. Definitely more time on stick but since I started my CJ-7 project it's all been MIG. I wanted to get into tig for the cleanliness and the ability to weld aluminum when the time comes. My plan is to practice until I get proficient enough to fab up bumpers and eventually a roll cage.
                    I'm fortunate enough to have a customer (that I just built a home for and is now a good friend) , that is a machinist and fabricator by trade to help me when I need it. He's been in it for a little over 35yrs and has a ton of knowledge on anything metal.
                    There are a LOT of excellent instructional videos on Youtube,,,

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...welding+basics

Plus some good stuff in the resources section to get you going..

https://www.millerwelds.com/resource...ding-resources

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

YouTube welding tips and tricks. Very helpful for the beginner

Comment

You're gonna really enjoy the TIG process. Just keep at it, no matter how many times you stick your tig wire to the electrode, just sharpen that sucker up and get back at it. You'll get the hang of it quicker than you think.

Comment

Looking forward to trying this out.

Comment

Working...
                          X