No announcement yet.

Miller Syncrowave 300, any toughts ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Syncrowave 300, any toughts ???

I can get a Miller Syncrowave 300 unit complete with torch etc. for $150 here in Norway. The seller say it's working BUT the HF is NOT working. He say it's the internal card thas not working. Is this expensive ? Would it be better to pass on this and look for another unit ? It will only be used for "hobby welding " carparts etc. Any toughts ? Regards Olav
    Last edited by Olav; 01-28-2016, 06:40 AM.

Welcome, Olav. Looks like your post is missing the word "not". Assume your HF is not working? Keep monitoring the site. Cruizer is "the man" for a question like this and is not always available to respond immediately. And there are others who may be able to help. Activity has been down since Miller revised this site and answers may take a bit longer than they used to. Hope you get it working.

Comment

You are correct... NOT WORKING

Comment

Originally posted by Olav View Post
        I can get a Miller Syncrowave 300 unit complete with torch etc. for $150 here in Norway. The seller say it's working BUT the HF is NOT working. He say it's the internal card thas not working. Is this expensive ? Would it be better to pass on this and look for another unit ? It will only be used for "hobby welding " carparts etc. Any toughts ? Regards Olav
        first thing we need is your serial number to get the proper documentation...as there... were many versions of this welder...

likely it is a simple problem like cleaning and resetting the spark gaps... but first lets get the docs....

pictures of your new prize would be welcome

BTW... sounds like you stole it at $150 (EU?)....Excellent price,,,, would expect to pay 1200-1600 $USD for a fully equipped one in good condition here in the US.... Good Show...
        Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2016, 08:13 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thanks, I will get the serial number. The seller told me that before the HF died it was working occasionally until it died. If he's using as "lift arc" it working perfect.

I found this link to the manual : http://www.westermans.com/downloads/millersyncro300.pdf

Seems like the input fuse is quite big, but no rating for 380/400V.
          Last edited by Olav; 01-28-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I will get the serial number. The seller told me that before the HF died it was working occasionally until it died. If he's using as "lift arc" it working perfect.

I found this link to the manual : http://www.westermans.com/downloads/millersyncro300.pdf

Seems like the input fuse is quite big, but no rating for 380/400V.
            The manual downloads are free from MILLER... BUT it is important to get the correct version for your serial number

here

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

HF problems on these old machines are common and usually easy to fix....

there have been many threads on the subject...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
            Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200DX
            Millermatic 200

Comment

I will post some photos later, but the biggest issue now is that I don't have more than 36A 380/400V in my workshop. How many amps can it deliver with that input fuse available ? I had a ESAB DTB250 earlier and this also required a big intake fuse. I used this once on 220V 20A welding stainless exhaust for a friends Hotrod. If I'm able to weld 1/4" aluminium I will be happy.

Comment

I will post some photos later, but the biggest issue now is that I don't have more than 36A 380/400V in my workshop. How many amps can it deliver with that input fuse available ? I had a ESAB DTB250 earlier and this also required a big intake fuse. I used this once on 220V 20A welding stainless exhaust for a friends Hotrod. If I'm able to weld 1/4" aluminium I will be happy.
                This is possibly a EURO version of the Sync 300 with transformer built for European voltages...

NEED the Serial Number to find the correct docs...

The Serial contains a lot of critical info...

Last edited by H80N; 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                Dynasty 200DX
                Millermatic 200

Comment

Machine is too big for you puny power supply, never the less, the HF problem is the HF transformer. That in itself is not a big problem, costs like $100 bucks.

Comment

Before you replace the HF high voltage transformer. You need to see if there is 115 vac to the primary side. Do not measure the spark gap side the voltage will kill you meter. I see four problems. HF panel switch bad. Timer pcb. Then transformer or spark gap assembly. Then the HF cap.
                    Glenn 300 amp stick
                    Millermatic 35
                    L-tec plasma

Comment

Hi!
                      Seller was supposed to send me some photos of serial #, he never came back or replied to my calls. This is the link to the add: http://m.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=69933509

Anyway this one came up for sale: http://m.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=70526717 this is about $330.

But it's the the same issue as some of you commented here. The Power intake to my garage/ workshop.

Comment

No other way around it. No magical way to get more power than to upgrade your supply capabilities. I know the feeling, having to do it in my shop for a big old machine I got.
                        Last edited by ryanjones2150; 02-17-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

i'd say pass it. for people who does welding just for hobby or starter, buy a new - cheap weld. you don't wanna wasting time for fixing it before you can use it. except, of you already have one, and need this for its parts.
                          looking for a great harga water heater gas.

Comment

Doesn't sound like he needs to fix it, just upgrade the electrical service for it.

Comment

There are plenty of people running large welders like a SYNC 300 on undersized input power sources...

You just have to remember that your maximum output amperage will be limited by your available input amps,,,

So a 300amp welder might only have 150 usable amps...at an undersized input

there are several old threads on the subject

My Blue Stuff:
                              Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                              Dynasty 200DX
                              Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                              X