Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevin
    replied
    not the first time that i had heard that the 211 has feed issues, causing lousy beads, just repeating what i have heard

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    This 1hour Fluxcore Video goes into a bit more depth....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDUxZD7GwE

worth the time spent if you are just getting started...

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by lonestar1 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions and I checked them all. No luck in solving the problem. I am convinced it is a wire feed problem, but the Miller repair said no. I sold the welder and am going another route.
    Lonestar1
    even though the OP no longer has this welder...

Here are some Fluxcore How-To videos that will answer many questions... for others in the same situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI7GOVrB33c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7Y57gK3yU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYQ87_o_6g

Last edited by H80N; 01-29-2016, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom211
    replied
    I have noticed from web videos that some machine drive wheels have a serrated pattern for flux wire, also the tension it typically less for flux wire. How is your liner condition? Just some thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Could very well be a feed problem. I just found an issue with my Millermatic 211 where the wire does not line up with the grooves in the drive roller. Miller is convinced the motor/shaft is the issue, but I am hoping it is just a mis-machined drive roller. All grooves are off-set about 0.010-0.012", enough that when I swing down the roller arm and slip the tensioner up, the wire ends up still sitting on the flat portion of the roller, and doesn't scoot into the grooves. we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• lonestar1
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions and I checked them all. No luck in solving the problem. I am convinced it is a wire feed problem, but the Miller repair said no. I sold the welder and am going another route.
    Lonestar1

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Lonestar

any luck in sorting that out..??

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Polarity as said above. You did not say what you are welding? Mild steel I assume? How thick? Is metal prepped & clean? If sheet metal then you may be kind of burning through & sucking contaminants in from the back side. Are you trying to fill a large gap? Same issue. Are you pulsing the trigger (on & off)? This will leave you without enough flux coverage. Wire stick out should be more than welding with gas.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    I am new to the form and I need some help. I have a Millermatic 211. I am using flux core wire and the flux coverage is very spotty and the weld does not look good. I start with the settings on the panel and have adjusted the wire speed and voltage to no avail. What is interesting is the first weld after a cold start with the welder has pretty good coverage. After that, not so good.
    POLARITY Change for Gasless Fluxcore...

Hope you have changed it..?? from DCEP for gas shielded to DCEN for gasless fluxcore

Wrong polarity will give poor weld bead characteristics

(Jerry... you beat me to it......)
    Last edited by H80N; 01-18-2016, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    I am new to the form and I need some help. I have a Millermatic 211. I am using flux core wire and the flux coverage is very spotty and the weld does not look good. I start with the settings on the panel and have adjusted the wire speed and voltage to no avail. What is interesting is the first weld after a cold start with the welder has pretty good coverage. After that, not so good.
    Make sure your polarity is correct.

Leave a comment:

• lonestar1
    started a topic flux coverage

flux coverage

Working...
X