Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sberry
    replied
    Its something that I liked about Hobart. It was lightly moderated by men. Its one of the issues that drove the talent from the AG forum. They couldn't grasp that it wasnt Sesame Street and there were not gobs of school kids drooling over every word in a mechanical forum.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Its part of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    When did this turn so sissy?

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    If someone put you in charge when I wasnt looking I will take that advice.
    C'mon Berry...?? is that really needed to get your point across...??? Really..??...........

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    If someone put you in charge when I wasnt looking I will take that advice.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry:565213
    The MF just dumped a message.
    My my, watch the language there partner.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    The MF just dumped a message. I agree this is a wonderful site but there are problems too. Most of the traffic now comes for a special reason. When I was recruited to Hobart by one of the infamous members could get 800 views of a bead pic in an evening. There are some reasons for he decline, namely competition and some to do with the pages themselves which should be as obvious as the shortcut everyone takes across the lawn.
    Simply putting adm and sickies at the bottom and getting rid of 3/4 of the sub forums would help.
    Surveys are usually great at confirming opinions but usually don't get to the heart of the matter, guys that got real talent for building machines are not always so great about the message and where is should be placed.
    The marketing is ofte reflected in the taste of the engineers in an integrated company like these. The Hobart Trek was an example. The designers had an interest in 4x4, off road this and that and missed the forest for the trees.
    I rarely click on a thread about 4x4 and only rarely about motor sports, I own 10 welding machines, 8 of which I bought new. I bought 2 new blue directly due to the forum system. Huge factor, probably not all feel that way.

Leave a comment:

• Hibiscus
    replied
    How are things working today?

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    TEST

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
    I don't like the main site either. Trying to browse equipment (say, for example the line of TIG machines) takes a lot of clicking and use of pull-downs. This "upgrade" seems like a big step backward.
    Glad to hear someone else say this, I couldn't believe the new Miller site, its terrible. They removed so much information, its like taking three steps backward.
    BTW I weld and fabricate for a living, Miller is supposed to be a leader in this industry, somebody messed up bad.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    It lacks the visual design it had before. It actually looks like a web page from 2001. No graphics at the top of the page? Where is the graphics banner?
    They should have the projects images as a banner, something. Very static page now.

Leave a comment:

• Miller Welders
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe from N.Y. View Post
    Also, the android Miller app does not render correctly. Posts mention having photos that are not showing on my android screen.
    Thanks for letting us know. Please send a direct message to forum at millerwelds dot com with more details on the app you're currently using. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    Also, the android Miller app does not render correctly. Posts mention having photos that are not showing on my android screen.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    I don't know about others, but I use a Mac and I've had all kinds of trouble posting when I use the Safari web browser. Sometimes it allows me to post, but most of the time it doesn't and the only way I'm able to post is if I fire up my Firefox browser...

YMMV

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    Well I couldn't even access the site for a long while when they "fixed it" this year. I'm not surprised that people left and aren't on much. If I went to a store that all of a sudden was closed for months I would get in a routine to use other resources. The mobile app also never even let me post anything so all I ever did was read really frustrating because there is EXCELLENT content here. I've been using my laptop a lot lately so I have been on here now. Definitely need a smartphone app that works,..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X