Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Iron
    replied
    The biggest thing that would help is to have a "New Post" button to quickly check to see if any new posts were made across all of the forums like the pic below in the middle of the bar.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by Antonbomb2 View Post
    Hi, im new to this site and i am looking for some help please regarding a v butt joint coding.It is a horrizontal butt joint which is 10mm plate and the angle of the prep is 60 degrees with a 1mm root face and a 6 mm backing plate. I am using a mig machine with a 1.2 dia wire which is 1050, the plate is 1050aH14. The problem is... That i am having porosity problems all through the joint. I am using puresheild argon. 15-20 lpm. I have degreased the joint with swansolv and wire brushed with a stainless steel brush in one direction to avoid contaminating the joint with aluminum oxide and i still cannot pass it during to porosity does anybody know what the problem could be? I would apreciate help if you have an idea Thanks
    This post should be moved to it's own thread to avoid Confusing the issue on this one

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I am using puresheild argon prob is the problem. Switch to 75/25 or C02...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Antonbomb2
    replied
    Hi, im new to this site and i am looking for some help please regarding a v butt joint coding.It is a horrizontal butt joint which is 10mm plate and the angle of the prep is 60 degrees with a 1mm root face and a 6 mm backing plate. I am using a mig machine with a 1.2 dia wire which is 1050, the plate is 1050aH14. The problem is... That i am having porosity problems all through the joint. I am using puresheild argon. 15-20 lpm. I have degreased the joint with swansolv and wire brushed with a stainless steel brush in one direction to avoid contaminating the joint with aluminum oxide and i still cannot pass it during to porosity does anybody know what the problem could be? I would apreciate help if you have an idea Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Miller Welders
    replied
    Miller Welding Forums Members,

We want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We read each post, have notified our web team and are working on resolving the issues as fast as we can. We apologize for the time it is taking, and will keep you posted on progress.

Thank you all for your support of the Forums and for taking the time to share your feedback, so that we can continue to make improvements and provide the experience you expect.

To help us analyze the issues and make sure we’re focusing on the most important priorities, it is always helpful if you can send details of the issues you are facing to [email protected], including, if you know them, details such as your operating system, browser and version, and the steps you took.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    How come Garage Journal and a little outfit like Shop Floor Talk can get it right and Hobart and Miller with all the clout of ITW has it all messed up?

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    BUMP... thread header fails to update

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    It has been suggested to me that our issues would be more effectively addressed if in addition to posting here....

we also Email a copy to the "Forum Team" at this Email

[email protected]

The idea being that more eyes on the problem might result in a quicker resolution...

the more info they have the better.

Leave a comment:

• wayne50
    replied
    I use Chrome and the page numbers no longer show up on a thread that goes beyond one page.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I notice the app sort of works now. It shows updated posts but when you reply, nothing comes up. So it's pretty much like the web site here without the error messages.

Leave a comment:

• xryan
    replied
    I second Ryan's comments. You don't just pull the plug on a forum, ESPECIALLY one that is hosted by the manufacturer of the forum's content. I am on quite a few forums and NEVER have I seen a removal of features or apps that it supports... I almost feel like the forum ditched the mobile content which is a majority of everyone's access now and reverted to MS-DOS.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    For me, the upgrade seems clumsy at best. It takes much longer to load most of the time when compared to the old one. Which is strange, because I have all new-ish tech here that includes iPhones, fancy schmancy Mac computer and a couple pretty new PC laptops...not that I'm a whiz bang at running them...

I'm still sore about the app being trashed. It worked. It worked really well most of the time. It is the only reason why I even got on the forum...outside of being stuck on a drum switch wiring up job. Then I found some really cool and helpful and darn talented people. That helps. When the site goes kaput for an entire weekend plus, I move on to other things and don't check back for a week or so.

It's free, that awesome, so I just deal with it, get pissed when it fights me posting a picture and get over it. I also agree that it's not sesame street, as it was stated. I have seen very little of anything foul or offensive or anything even close to watching ten seconds of tv these days. So maybe we could be a little less sensitive when a guy is venting his frustration about the bugs in the machine.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    I know there have been some suggestions but is there anything specific you want fixed or changed?

1) I would like to see at the top of each page a quick link to go directly to the other sub forums. It used to be there but not on this new version. Now I need to click on "forums" & then once there click on whichever sub forum I wish to go to. Minor annoyance.

2) When you go to the main page for each sub forum, for each thread you see you can only go to the first page instead of having a choice to go on to the first or last page. Again minor annoyance.
    Last edited by MMW; 01-13-2016, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe from N.Y. View Post

My my, watch the language there partner.
    66 posts and now you're a moderator? You sound pretty tender there partner.
    Last edited by Ironken; 01-13-2016, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    MF ? I thought it meant Miller Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X